View Poll Results: do you procrastinate
No way. I get things done before they need done and never have a problem 5 11.90%
Procrastinate? sometimes...but only every now and again. 10 23.81%
Yes. But it never gets in my way or hurts anything. If it did I wouldn't do it. 8 19.05%
Hmm....I don't know...let me get back to you on that (YES) 19 45.24%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2008, 08:05 AM   #11
Knitting_Guy
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,130 Times in 832 Posts
I would procrastinate but never seem to get around to it.

What do you mean guys don't knit?

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

Perfection is overrated. Knitting is meant to relieve stress, not cause it. Relax and enjoy it.

My boring blog http://masonm.joeuser.com

My knitting blog
http://knittingguy.blogspot.com/

My New Home Page (work in progress)
http://www.gpstrucker.000hosted.com

Knitting_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-20-2008, 11:51 AM   #12
Sunshine's Mom
Turning the Heel

I used to procrastinate when doing projects for school. I'd always do them at the last minute and then get an "A". If I actually worked on something early - I'd inevitably get a "C". Weird.

I don't really procrastinate with my work now, but my boss does and it makes me mental! He waits until the last minute to do a Notice of Motion or some other project, but what he fails to realize is that once he has dictated it - I still have to type it! Usually this ends up keeping me late because once I've typed, he reviews, makes changes, I do the changes, he reviews, makes more changes, I do the changes, he reviews, HOPEFULLY it's finished, he signs, now I have to make copies, prepare letters and envelopes and otherwise mail them out. I will say, however, that he does some of his best work this way and I'm used to it by now. I cut him some slack because I used to be the same way.

Otherwise, he's a great guy to work for. I wouldn't have stayed 10 years if he wasn't.
Sunshine's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #13
gingerbread
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to gingerbread Send a message via Skype™ to gingerbread
Nope, but I did marry one.

Teri

I am memere on Ravelry
gingerbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #14
jheatherley
1st Leg of the Journey

Never. My standard reply to, "You don't have to do it right now", is, "What's wrong with right now?"
jheatherley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:53 AM   #15
Duessa
1st Leg of the Journey

LOL, I thought it might be a College Kid thing. I'm so bad. currently I have until the first of July to pack my whole house and....well...we won't talk about where I'm at (1 room might be considered half way packed). currently I would rather knit, watch movies (Indiana Jones was great!), hang out with friends, post here about the situation, and anything else that arises. I'm the same way with dishes, assignments for classes that I dislike, and any kind of official paperwork/contact. wow, that is a bigger list than I thought. It's never been a problem before but I promised my BF that I wouldn't make him do any packing last minute because the conditions of the move are I pack and he will get us moved in on the second day we have the apartment. Competely. I don't want any limbo. He is in charge of getting the guys, the trailer or uhaul, and organizing that whole part. It might seem like a bad deal for me but last time we moved I packed completely and did all that and it was a nightmare. lol And we had less stuff. anyway, anyone have some motivation for me? LOL

Finished: Arm warmers, dice bag, Hat for brother, two washrags, two tribbles

Duessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #16
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

I have found that about 25% of the time if I procastinate long enough that things change and I don't have to do what I was procastinating on after all. I do much better with things that have to be done in a timely manner. Animals, plants, meals, bills etc.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #17
ecb
Working the Gusset

Send a message via ICQ to ecb Send a message via AIM to ecb Send a message via MSN to ecb Send a message via Yahoo to ecb
I am an odd one on this
I am ABSOLUTELY a Procrastinator, I will be a laz-a-bones and knit for hours, surf the web, chat, do spreadsheets or whatever. My Clothes only get folded when i pack or move or travel. I assign the jobs I hate the most to the cleaning lady or the kids (they all have to agree to do them)
BUT
I am compulsively early to appointments, I consider other peoples time worth much more than my own.

When Tran makes me a To Do list, i get to almost everything on it before the next week rolls around, but its either because I do it THAT DAY, or the day before she comes back.

even my Knitting progects never get done when I have a schedule, i start and sometimes finish a new one before getting to the one that HAS to get done.

in my Xhs eyes, this made me a darned BAD person, and a worse mother. He was wrong, but i still listen to those old tapes sometimes (ykwim?)
Good judgement comes from experience
but Experience comes from Bad Judgment
ecb
ecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:27 AM   #18
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,089 Times in 608 Posts
I've been meaning to post a reply but I just kept putting it off

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:32 AM   #19
kristaj
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by ecb View Post
I am ABSOLUTELY a Procrastinator, I will be a laz-a-bones and knit for hours, surf the web, chat, do spreadsheets or whatever. My Clothes only get folded when i pack or move or travel. I assign the jobs I hate the most to the cleaning lady or the kids (they all have to agree to do them)
BUT
I am compulsively early to appointments, I consider other peoples time worth much more than my own.

When Tran makes me a To Do list, i get to almost everything on it before the next week rolls around, but its either because I do it THAT DAY, or the day before she comes back.

even my Knitting progects never get done when I have a schedule, i start and sometimes finish a new one before getting to the one that HAS to get done.

in my Xhs eyes, this made me a darned BAD person, and a worse mother. He was wrong, but i still listen to those old tapes sometimes (ykwim?)
I am exactly the same way. If it's something that has to be done, is assigned, has a deadline, etc. I put it off to the very last minute. College was a nightmare of very late nights scrambling to get papers finished. But when it comes to being somewhere on time I'm usually 20 minutes early.
kristaj is offline   Reply With Quote