Old 06-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #11
fireflyknitter
1st Leg of the Journey

Also the Wii can play your Gamecube games so if you want the extra $$ from trading it in, I would go ahead and do it.

fireflyknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fireflyknitter For This Useful Post:
Ronda (06-18-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #12
Ronda
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to Ronda Send a message via Yahoo to Ronda
Everyone talking about WiiFit makes me want it just for me! I'm going to have to get one. They're very hard to find around here right now though. Is it that way all over?
Old 06-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #13
Ronda
Instepping Out

I'm hearing about the Wii everywhere!! My husband just told me that his aunt and uncle (in their 60s) bought it for themselves, and his parents went over and played it and enjoyed it.

I also just typed a report on a patient who had a stroke and got the Wii and purchased 2 games that specifically help him with his coordination and reflexes.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Someone must want me to get a Wii....
Old 06-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #14
iza
Turning the Heel

Uh oh... Now I'm in trouble! I played the Wii only once but I really loved it. And now you all make me want to buy it.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #15
Ronda
Instepping Out

Old 06-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #16
fireflyknitter
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Ronda View Post
Everyone talking about WiiFit makes me want it just for me! I'm going to have to get one. They're very hard to find around here right now though. Is it that way all over?
Unfortunately yes, from what I understand! I can't find it anywhere here. A couple weeks ago, hubby called 40 (!) stores and none of them had any in stock or knew when they would be getting some. Looks like it's going to be like when we got our Wii all over again.

fireflyknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #17
jjminarcik
Turning the Heel

I'm not sure about everywhere, but Wii's are scarce where we live. So are the WiiFits! But you can go to http://www.wiialerts.com/ and sign up to receive notification (via email and text message) when they are available online. That's how we ended up with our WiiFit. But be near a computer - they can be gone in as quick as 5 minutes!

OTN: Socks, socks, socks
My first sweater

jjminarcik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jjminarcik For This Useful Post:
Ronda (06-18-2008)
Old 06-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #18
Duessa
1st Leg of the Journey

Wow, they are scarce where you all are? We don't have any trouble getting them here now. They were scarce when we got ours the day they came out. My BF actually bought two and sold one to a friend and then bought another and sold it to his aunt in Cali. lol this is the first time I've heard of a benefit to living in IN. lol

On another note, it seems you have decided to buy it. Don't buy it because you think it will keep your kids more active. There are a few games that do that (sports, Fit) but many of the others do not. They are, however, challenging for the mind because they often break with the *rules* of traditional video games. Try playing Super Mario Galaxy and not having to warp your mind a little. LOL It is a ton of fun and the great thing is that the *extra* pieces you need are cheap and do not break easily. I recommend Mario cart, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Brother Brawl. The first and last are multi player for any age. Tons of fun! The second is a one player but the stages are VERY short and like huge puzzles. It is great. I hope you enjoy your Wii. It is used as much, if not more, than our 360 and is what everyone wants to play. (well, when they don't want to play Rockband. lol)

Finished: Arm warmers, dice bag, Hat for brother, two washrags, two tribbles

Duessa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Duessa For This Useful Post:
Ronda (06-18-2008)
Old 06-18-2008, 02:10 PM   #19
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,090 Times in 608 Posts
Yeah, both the Wii and Wii Fit are impossible to find here too. We bought our Wii just before x-mas and Best Buy had 5 of them is stock. Hubby and I were debating about whether we really wanted to spend the money on it and in the short time we were talking, 2 other people came up and grabbed a couple. That right there made up our minds...lol...Within about 10 minutes, Best Buy had sold 3 Wii's (ours included). I'm really glad we got it when we did because my sister has been trying to find one since we got ours and everyone is out of stock. Hubby went to 8 different stores in our area last month trying to find the Fit. He had luck at his last stop, they had ONE Fit left and told hubby if he wanted it he better buy it then because that was the last one in stock and all the stores all over the region were completely sold out.

You may also want to check e-bay, I've seen a lot of them on there. Just really scrutinize the sellers and thoroughly read the buyer feedback on the sellers.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saracidaltendencies For This Useful Post:
Ronda (06-18-2008)
Old 06-18-2008, 05:51 PM   #20
Ronda
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by fireflyknitter View Post
A couple weeks ago, hubby called 40 (!) stores and none of them had any in stock or knew when they would be getting some.