Old 06-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
Newbie2Knitting
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Newbie2Knitting
Fiber Arts Festival in NE Ohio
If anyone is in the area Saturday July 12, there is a Fiber Arts Festival at Malibar Farms. I'm gonna dig for a bit more info and (hopefully) post it back here.

ETA: Here's the blurb on their website:

FREE Fiber Arts Festival
Malabar Farm Spinning and Weaving Guild as they host the Fiber Arts Festival on Saturday, July 12, 2008.

During one of many events planned at Malabar Farm State Park, visitors have the chance to join the Malabar Farm Spinning and Weaving Guild as they host the Fiber Arts Festival on Saturday, July 12, 2008 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The festival will be an excellent hands-on opportunity for adults and children. Visitors to this festival will experience the crafts and handwork of our ancestors. Visitors will also learn about fibers, their content, and how to use them. Demonstrations will include weaving, spinning, bobbin lace, tatting, crocheting, knitting, rug hooking, penny rugs, quilting, applique, and more.

This event is open to the public free of charge and will be held rain or shine in the Malabar Farm Main Barn by the Big House. Refreshments will also be available. This is just one of the events where Malabar's celebration of Ohio's rich agricultural history offers visitors the chance to reflect on and experience many things which have changed as well as a few which have stayed the same.

I'm KnittedSister on Ravelry - come visit with me!

Last edited by Newbie2Knitting : 06-24-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: add website info
Newbie2Knitting is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-25-2008, 08:25 AM   #2
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
I'll actually be in Wooster that day, but I have to paint my house to sell :( I wish I could go.

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
Newbie2Knitting
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Newbie2Knitting
I know - I was so excited when I saw this, then I realized we're going to be out of town. :(

I'm KnittedSister on Ravelry - come visit with me!
Newbie2Knitting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #4
KnittinMitchie
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to KnittinMitchie Send a message via MSN to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Yahoo to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Skype™ to KnittinMitchie
I won't be home visiting my parent in July. But I did call mom and tell her about it. Her and dad have been to Malamar Farms ans they really enjoyed it.
Share your Photos of Austin the Bear

Ravelry as KnittinMitchie

KnittinMitchie is offline   Reply With Quote