Old 07-01-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
scout52
Working the Gusset

GRRR--Errors in your knitting
Don't you hate it when you have to frog your knitting but when you do you get figure out for the life of you where you went wrong????

I have absolutely no idea where I went wrong. I keep re-reading it. I'm sure I will figure it out if my cat will stop jumping on the book and my knitting. but dang it. its frustrating.
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:15 AM   #2
susi
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susi
oh i do that all the time. i sometimes end up with some, um, well lets say interesting looking stuff!!

its flipping annoying though isnt it.

i blame mine on the fact i knit late at night and on the phone so my attention isnt on my knittingf ully (thats the excues coz i used to do the same when i knitted during the day not on the phone)

my kitty cats do that as well, drives you nutty dosent it. the other favourate is to try and run off with the yarn, little s*ds arent they, but we still love them
susi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
cristina61
Knitting the Flap

Oh my gosh I've been doing that constantly for the last couple of weeks with different projects! I read and reread my pattern and I could swear I'm doing just exactly what it says -- and then after getting completely frustrated I realize that I've missed or misinterpreted a very important phrase.

On the pair of socks I just finished I realized as I was about to finish that part of my heel was different on the second sock. But I couldn't for the life of me remember what I had done wrong until AFTER I decided to go ahead and bind off and call it good.

I think I'm behind on my sleep or just distracted because I'm usually pretty good about following instructions, but lately

cristina61 on

** My poor neglected blog is here

RIP Gabby (9/12/2009) -- I miss you SO much. We'll never forget what a sweet girl you were!

cristina61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
Crycket
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Skype™ to Crycket
My mom gets frustraited with me taking things down....for no apparent reason...I am really glad I figured out how to drop stitches and flip em around...that was half my frogging problem solved...

Growing old is mandatory, growing UP is optional!
Crycket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
Wanda Witch
Turning the Heel

Oh, I don't think you are alone. I did this so many times with an afghan yet to be finished I was really hating it. Finally figured out what I was not doing correctly so it was me, needless to say, but that doesn't help the frustration thing one bit. Hang in there.
Wanda Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
scout52
Working the Gusset

UGGGHHHH I have ripped this like 4 times already. I can't go more than 1/2 row without messing up. I have no idea why. I give up. I think I'm just going to start over. Half of this looks perfect the other half looks like a very very bad word!!!
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #7
InterNette
Turning the Heel

sometimes I read the pattern out loud a couple times to see if i am missing something. I also do a weird thing, I draw out slashes and marks on paper to see where the problem is, it helps if i miscounted and cant get my rows to pick up or match the prior row to see if i am off somewhere. The slashes and marks help me what is happening.
InterNette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
Knitting_Guy
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,130 Times in 832 Posts
I usually refuse to frog until I figure out where I screwed up, errr I mean incorporated an unintended design feature.

What do you mean guys don't knit?

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

Perfection is overrated. Knitting is meant to relieve stress, not cause it. Relax and enjoy it.

My boring blog http://masonm.joeuser.com

My knitting blog
http://knittingguy.blogspot.com/

My New Home Page (work in progress)
http://www.gpstrucker.000hosted.com

Knitting_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #9
lynn893
1st Leg of the Journey

I find writing out the pattern to help out huge
(if I've been messing it up, or if it's really complicated)

Or, I'll write out each row and cross it off as I've done it.
Sometimes you get weird sts in a pattern...

for example:
incW = k into back and then front of next st, with left needle, pick up running bar between two sts made and k into that st

i still mess this one up every time it comes up in my pattern!

OR

Tw2L = k into the back of the second st on the left needle, then into the front of the first. Remove both sts together

ugggg..... sometimes, I'll also completely elaborate a st (in my own words, explain it) so that when I come to that pattern st again, I have my own explanation of how I did it previously.

WIPs: these change so quickly, if your really interested, check out my project page on Rav.

FO: Finished 14 shawls in 2010, as well as some socks and other stuff.
lynn893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:19 AM   #10
Gertie
Knitting the Flap

Are you sure your pattern is correct? The amount of errors in printed patterns is alarming. Is there a web site you can check for erratum?
Gertie is offline   Reply With Quote