Old 07-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #41
Spikey
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by sarahbean View Post
maybe it could be mostly white wit a couple of rows of bright colors for kid's clothing in the snow and to brighten it up a bit
How about if we do both?

In the other group, we had a blanket called Patriotic Party, which was done in red, white, and blue. We could do something similar, or come up with another theme that would include white?

Would you like to start this blanket, sarahbean? If not, I'd be happy to start it.

What would you like to call it?
Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #42
gmmarton
Turning the Heel

Spikey, and other Northeast knitters,

I worked on the blanket called "Patriotic Party." It was very cool...I also worked on the all-white blanket. Very beautiful to look at, though I'm just wondering about the practicality of an all-white blanket. Anyway, I'd like to start something red, white, and blue. I have a Marine back in Iraq for the third time now, and this particular blanket is very symbolic for me. I will also start a Rainbow blanket, though I should go back and look at the colors needed to complete our rainbow! Let me know! Remember, I'm on vacation for a few more weeks!!!
gmmarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:17 PM   #43
Spikey
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by gmmarton View Post
Spikey, and other Northeast knitters,

I worked on the blanket called "Patriotic Party." It was very cool...I also worked on the all-white blanket. Very beautiful to look at, though I'm just wondering about the practicality of an all-white blanket. Anyway, I'd like to start something red, white, and blue. I have a Marine back in Iraq for the third time now, and this particular blanket is very symbolic for me. I will also start a Rainbow blanket, though I should go back and look at the colors needed to complete our rainbow! Let me know! Remember, I'm on vacation for a few more weeks!!!
gmmarton - thank you to you and your Marine for all that you have done and continue to do! Many wishes that your Marine comes home safe, sound, and soon.

Sounds like we should do another rendition of Patriotic Party. Since we're still in July, maybe we should call it Independence Day. What do you think, sarahbean? Is that ok with you?
Old 07-14-2008, 07:23 PM   #44
Spikey
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by gmmarton View Post
I will also start a Rainbow blanket, though I should go back and look at the colors needed to complete our rainbow! Let me know! Remember, I'm on vacation for a few more weeks!!!

I thought a separate post might make it easier to read...

Sounds like gmmarton would like to start Northeast Rainbow. Is that title ok with you?

For those who haven't done one of these before, we do the colors of the rainbow in order, all in the same stitch. How about if we start with garter stitch?

So we'll need knitters for:
Red - gmmarton
Orange - kellee0302
Yellow - lisa1216
Green - stitchermom (ravelry)
Blue - Spikey
Purple - threesmom

This might not need a crocheted border, as it should look pretty neat and clean in all garter.

I am happy to do the blue or the purple, but want to give others a chance, too.

Any other Rainbow lovers out there?

Last edited by Spikey : 07-18-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: updating knitters
Old 07-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #45
gmmarton
Turning the Heel

I'll definitely start with red, and all garter...
Old 07-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #46
threesmom
Turning the Heel

Ooo-ooo Can I do purple? I've worked on a couple rainbows, but have never finished one. I'd love to do the last leg on a blanket.

I'm a little worried about all white too, but it sounds so pretty. Plus, baby things are made to get dirty, no matter what they start out as - it just means they are loved. And I remember spit up fading pretty nicely into white ...

Anyway, if we end up doing it, you can add me on

Working on ... Central Park Hoodie, socks!, another baby blanket ...
Recent FOs ...baby blankets, v-neck sweater!, Nakiska headband, socks

I'm justbeth on

threesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #47
Spikey
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by threesmom View Post
Ooo-ooo Can I do purple? I've worked on a couple rainbows, but have never finished one. I'd love to do the last leg on a blanket.

I'm a little worried about all white too, but it sounds so pretty. Plus, baby things are made to get dirty, no matter what they start out as - it just means they are loved. And I remember spit up fading pretty nicely into white ...

Anyway, if we end up doing it, you can add me on
You crack me up ...spit up fading into white...

Of course you can do the purple! We'll have lots of last legs for you to work on, if you'd like.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spikey For This Useful Post:
threesmom (07-15-2008)
Old 07-15-2008, 07:54 AM   #48
kellee0302
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to kellee0302
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
That sounds beautiful, kellee0302! What would you like to call it?

In the other oddball group, we had done a preemie blanket in all white, called cloud nine. It was one of my favorites. It looked so pretty with all of the white yarn in different stitch patterns.

It would be terrific if you wanted to get it started on your needle (probably in the size 7-9 range). Then, if you send it to me on waste yarn, I can put it on one of the needles that Sandy is sending.

Anyone else interested?
I was thinking Blizzard. I actually have size 8 needles that I will send on. I no longer need them.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:44 AM   #49
gmmarton
Turning the Heel

Blizzard sounds good, but I don't want to push it! I like the warm weather much better than the cold!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:51 AM   #50
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

All of these blankets sound great! I have some white Caron SS at home, so I could help out on the white one or pick a color for me and I'll do part of the rainbow.

Is Caron Simply Soft what most people are using?

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
Lisa1216 is offline   Reply With Quote