Old 12-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #1021
kellybigeyes
Knitting the Flap

Hello again everyone. I have been out of the loop since Tuesday night. I was "hit" with a bad virus early Wednesday morning. By Wed evening I was in the hospital. I was very dehidrated. They checked for food poisioning and lots of other things. It turns out it was just viral. I also had the beginnings of a UTI. I was given 3 bags of fluids and a bag of antibiotics. I only had to stay Wednesday night. I got to come home last night (Thurs) at about 8 pm. I feel better, but I am still very weak. I have to be on a very strict bland diet for 4-5 days and do nothing but rest. We were supposed to be going out of town Saturday for a couple days to celebrate my husbands grandparents 50th anniversary and Christmas. So unfortunatley... we will have to miss that. I'm so sorry about not responding to the PMs I have. I just had no idea which way was up for the last few days. Hopefully, I will be back to normal soon.

MrsP... I will PM you now about the blanket.

I would appreciate everyones prayers for me to get back to normal quickly. I have a 19 month old that is ready to have lots of mommy lovin'.

Thanks so much.

I am also kellybigeyes at http://www.ravelry.com/
kellybigeyes is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #1022
kellybigeyes
Knitting the Flap

Happy Birthday Erica!!

The Following User Says Thank You to kellybigeyes For This Useful Post:
nephthys8 (12-19-2008)
Old 12-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #1023
blkirback
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to blkirback
Crayola or Crayons whatever you want to call it is going in the mail today. The delivery confirmation number is 0103 8555 7495 4124 6605. I would have had it in the mail sooner but the PO down here are always crazy and this time of year is even worse. So I printed the label ahead of time and just have to drop it off now. I'm really sorry about all of this.

"Luck sometimes visits a fool, but never sits down with him." - German Proverb

"A great leader is not one who does the greatest things. He's the one who gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Regan

"Great crises produce great men and great deeds of courage." - John F. Kennedy

blkirback on Ravelry
blkirback is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blkirback For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (12-19-2008), misha rf (12-19-2008), Shandeh (12-23-2008)
Old 12-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #1024
HollyP
Working the Gusset

Happy Birthday Erica!!! Hope you have a great day!

Kelly hope you are feeling better soon!!

s for everyone else!! Please don't worry or stress about the blankets right now we can get back into full swing after the holidays.

Southeast Baby Oddball Blog
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyP For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (12-19-2008), nephthys8 (12-19-2008), Shandeh (12-23-2008)
Old 12-19-2008, 06:20 PM   #1025
nephthys8

Originally Posted by kellybigeyes View Post
Hello again everyone. I have been out of the loop since Tuesday night. I was "hit" with a bad virus early Wednesday morning. By Wed evening I was in the hospital. I was very dehidrated. They checked for food poisioning and lots of other things. It turns out it was just viral. I also had the beginnings of a UTI. I was given 3 bags of fluids and a bag of antibiotics. I only had to stay Wednesday night. I got to come home last night (Thurs) at about 8 pm. I feel better, but I am still very weak. I have to be on a very strict bland diet for 4-5 days and do nothing but rest. We were supposed to be going out of town Saturday for a couple days to celebrate my husbands grandparents 50th anniversary and Christmas. So unfortunatley... we will have to miss that. I'm so sorry about not responding to the PMs I have. I just had no idea which way was up for the last few days. Hopefully, I will be back to normal soon.
Please feel better, Kelly! I am sorry that you all have to miss out on a planned trip like that.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #1026
MAmaDawn
Working the Gusset

Holly great site... I've always knitted it in like Amy shows with both strands but that doesn't work when you have 2 different colors... and I agree don't stress about the blankets everyone, we will get them done honestly I think everyone has done an amazing job with them! And I think it's awesome that so much time if being devoted when everyone is so busy....

Camo looks cute Lisa...

Erica, glad you are not feeling sick still and it's almost over, but hapy birthday! Hope you had a great one....

And thank you both Erica and Holly for keeping it moving... Erica you can hold on to the needles if you want to start a new blanket sometime, it doesn't have to be anytime soon, in fact please don't make it anytime soon ( )....

Wow Sandy you have been busy! Wish I could see it, it sounds like it will be great! Oh and we LOVE Chick-Fil-A.... You know the Chick-Fil-A Sauce, that's somewhat new... then guy that owns the restaurants where I grew up came up with it...

Amanda, I don't like splitty yarn at all! I won't use Microspun anymore cuz it's just too splitty for me.... I heard on here once (I think it was RedHeadedRacheal) that finer yarn is great cuz you get more time to knit it, so it last longer and makes it cheaper for you... I hadn't thought about it like that before she said it and just thought about that when I read your post.

Kelly so sorry you are so sick, that's really hard with a little one! Get lots of rest. I'm praying... And I'm glad that you are feeling a little better.

I understand about the PO blkirback... I try my best NOT to go there... I use the automated one or online as much as I can.... PO with 3 young kids... I think they prefer me not to go there too!

We are getting moved in.... it's slow going, bet we are getting there.

Wife to GooB; Mom to Tori (7) and Belle (4) Jeremiah (2)

MamaDawn there too
My Little Shop
MAmaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAmaDawn For This Useful Post:
LBECK (12-27-2008)
Old 12-19-2008, 11:57 PM   #1027
misha rf

Happy Birthday, Erica!!

Kelly, that sucks. I really hope you feel better soon!!

I have to go to the post office tomorrow morning. I am hoping that it won't be too scary. It's a small PO in a small town...maybe it won't be toooo bad. Maybe. I'm certainly not going to attempt the one downtown--that's a nightmare on a good day!

Sandy, I hope it slows down soon!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
nephthys8 (12-22-2008)
Old 12-20-2008, 07:58 AM   #1028
MrsP
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi Everyone!!

Kelly, I am so sorry that you are feeling bad!! I hope you feel better soon!! I know it is so hard to be that sick when you have a little one at home!!

Dawn, you are right - the yarn does make it so that I get to enjoy it that much longer, which would be great if it wasn't a Christmas present!! :-) My mom has a friend who is a big knitter and she told her that alot of knitters are doing lace projects since they are more complicated and last longer!

I have been avoiding the post office like the plague! I am really hoping I can spend the rest of the holiday season without having to go there! I don't envy anyone a trip there!

Oh, I almost forgot! I hope you had a great Birthday, Erica!!

I am leaving for my Mom's house tomorrow. But, I will still have internet access, so no worries!! :-)

OTN: fingerless gloves

I am MandaPen on Ravelry!!
MrsP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsP For This Useful Post:
nephthys8 (12-22-2008)
Old 12-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #1029
nephthys8

Yeah, I avoid several things during this time of the year and the PO is one of them! I am actually waiting for a package right now of Malabrigo Silky Merino. I bought some additional skeins to match some that I got in a swap, but I have no idea when I will get them because of the holidays and the mail being backed up.

Thanks again to all of you who wished me happy birthday.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #1030
kellybigeyes
Knitting the Flap

Amanda... My hubby mailed Winter Wonderland on Saturday. Here is the confirmation # 0308 0070 0002 1951 9100

You should get it by tomorrow.

Let me know that it arrives safely.

The Following User Says Thank You to kellybigeyes For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (12-22-2008)