Old 07-26-2008, 12:56 AM   #151
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
Originally Posted by MAmaDawn View Post
Autumn Leaves
Border: Shandeh (is that ok? I can do it if not)
I would LOVE to do the border for the Autumn Leaves blanket. Autumn is my favorite season!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (07-30-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #152
blkirback
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to blkirback
Hey everyone.

I hope I am not to late to maybe get in on this. I would like to get to help with a blanket. I was thinkink that maybe I could get in on the M&M's blanket if there are any spots still open. I would love to orange if it is not taken, it's one of my favorite colors, if it is any other one would work. I am rather new to knitting so I hope I hope a simple pattern for my spot is okay.

I will say that we don't have any pets here but that we are a smoking household. I can try my best to stay away from the smoke when working on it and will do everything in my power to not have it smell like smoke.

I really think it is a great idea that you guys have come up with doing this. I have a neice and nephew that were preemies and I wish someone would have done something nice for them like this.
blkirback is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blkirback For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (07-30-2008)
Old 07-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #153
kellybigeyes
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by blkirback View Post
Hey everyone.

I hope I am not to late to maybe get in on this. I would like to get to help with a blanket. I was thinkink that maybe I could get in on the M&M's blanket if there are any spots still open. I would love to orange if it is not taken, it's one of my favorite colors, if it is any other one would work. I am rather new to knitting so I hope I hope a simple pattern for my spot is okay.

I will say that we don't have any pets here but that we are a smoking household. I can try my best to stay away from the smoke when working on it and will do everything in my power to not have it smell like smoke.

I really think it is a great idea that you guys have come up with doing this. I have a neice and nephew that were preemies and I wish someone would have done something nice for them like this.

Welcome to the forum. You are not too late at all. We are not really starting until August, but we are making the final decisions on everything. I believe that the M&M blanket is full, but I think there is a spot left in the Autumn Leaves blanket which you could still use orange. The Butterfly Kisses blanket and the Atlantic Waves blanket are going to have a certain pattern to go by. But you are welcome to work on those if you think you can. I have only been knitting since Oct of 2007, so I totally understand what it feels like to only what to do a simple pattern. It is perfectly fine to do what ever pattern you choose (as long as it is not a blanket that is using the same pattern). I used garter stitch (knit every row) on the first couple blankets I worked on. MAmaDawn is our director so she will have to make the final decision on the blankets. We are so glad to have you!! We are a wonderful group to work with...you'll see!!

I am also kellybigeyes at http://www.ravelry.com/
kellybigeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kellybigeyes For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (07-30-2008)
Old 07-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #154
blkirback
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by kellybigeyes View Post
Welcome to the forum. You are not too late at all. We are not really starting until August, but we are making the final decisions on everything. I believe that the M&M blanket is full, but I think there is a spot left in the Autumn Leaves blanket which you could still use orange. The Butterfly Kisses blanket and the Atlantic Waves blanket are going to have a certain pattern to go by. But you are welcome to work on those if you think you can. I have only been knitting since Oct of 2007, so I totally understand what it feels like to only what to do a simple pattern. It is perfectly fine to do what ever pattern you choose (as long as it is not a blanket that is using the same pattern). I used garter stitch (knit every row) on the first couple blankets I worked on. MAmaDawn is our director so she will have to make the final decision on the blankets. We are so glad to have you!! We are a wonderful group to work with...you'll see!!

Thank you very much. I wouldn't mind doing the autumn leaves blanket. I just know that I need to try and stay within the limits that I have. I have made one baby blanket but it was 24 blocks that I had to put together. I think it turned out rather nicely but I made it so I should think that.
I started knitting in June of last year but I stopped for awhile, I was carrying a really full schedual trying to finish my degree and had to focus on that. I just recently started back up and have been a knitting fool recently.
I think that this would be a great way for me to try and expand my horizins, or atleast I hope so.
I'm sure you guys are a wonderful group to work with, everything I have read makes me think that. Hopefully, I can fit it well...

"Luck sometimes visits a fool, but never sits down with him." - German Proverb

"A great leader is not one who does the greatest things. He's the one who gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Regan

"Great crises produce great men and great deeds of courage." - John F. Kennedy

blkirback on Ravelry
MAmaDawn (07-30-2008)
Old 07-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #155
HollyP
Working the Gusset

Welcome blkirback ! I'm so glad you decided to join us!!

To make it official all you have to do is send a PM to MAmadawn. You just to need to give her your name and address.
If you have any questions please ask away. As Kelly said we are a friendly bunch!

Southeast Baby Oddball Blog
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HollyP For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (07-30-2008)
Old 07-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #156
Moxiemade
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by blkirback View Post
I think that this would be a great way for me to try and expand my horizins, or atleast I hope so.

I started doing oddball blankets a couple months ago, when I first started knitting. It was wonderful because it encouraged me to continue knitting and to learn new stitches. Plus, you can't beat the feeling you get knowing your work combined with others will touch little lives. I think you'll love it.

I'm on Ravelry!

Moxiemade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moxiemade For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (07-30-2008)
Old 07-29-2008, 09:57 PM   #157
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
Hi blkirback!

I'm sure that MAmaDawn will be glad to add you to our list of knitters.

And our oddball blankets are a PERFECT project for beginning knitters, especially if you knit one of the middle sections. You don't have to cast on or bind off - all you have to do is add your yarn, knit your section, then mail it to the next knitter.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (07-30-2008)
Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 PM   #158
blkirback
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
Hi blkirback!

I'm sure that MAmaDawn will be glad to add you to our list of knitters.

And our oddball blankets are a PERFECT project for beginning knitters, especially if you knit one of the middle sections. You don't have to cast on or bind off - all you have to do is add your yarn, knit your section, then mail it to the next knitter.
That's one reason that I thought this would be good for me. I don't do too awful with casting on and binding off but I have attendency to make both really tight, I am working on that though or atleast attempting too!

Originally Posted by Moxiemade View Post
I started doing oddball blankets a couple months ago, when I first started knitting. It was wonderful because it encouraged me to continue knitting and to learn new stitches. Plus, you can't beat the feeling you get knowing your work combined with others will touch little lives. I think you'll love it.
I think I will love it too. I want to be able to have my knitting make other people happy, it's on reason that I started doing it. I know a few stitches already and have been working on others. I thought this might help me to learn many many more.

Originally Posted by HollyP View Post
Welcome blkirback ! I'm so glad you decided to join us!!

To make it official all you have to do is send a PM to MAmadawn. You just to need to give her your name and address.
If you have any questions please ask away. As Kelly said we are a friendly bunch!
I already sent her one! I did that before I even posted in this. I wanted to make sure that there was still room available for me and to see exactly what it is that I would be doing. I'm sure I will have A LOT of question a long the way. Hopefully I won't be asking too many and bothering everyone. I really want to use this as a learning and growing experience.

"Luck sometimes visits a fool, but never sits down with him." - German Proverb

"A great leader is not one who does the greatest things. He's the one who gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Regan

"Great crises produce great men and great deeds of courage." - John F. Kennedy

blkirback on Ravelry
MAmaDawn (07-30-2008)
Old 07-30-2008, 07:32 AM   #159
LBECK
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to LBECK
Welcome
Hey blkirback,

Welcome to our group. I am really new to the group and knitting. I have only been here about 2 or 3 months and I love love love it. I too like to make people happy with my knitting (and crocheting). I know you will enjoy doing this it is very rewarding work.

OTN: Several WIPs
Crocheting baby items for a gift shop.

I am yarnin4aproj on Ravelry.

" May every stitch you knit bring you a little closer to that calm, clear space in the center of your soul. --- Earth Heart Designs"
LBECK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LBECK For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (07-30-2008)
Old 07-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #160
HollyP
Working the Gusset

Hey everyone!
I have a question about which stitch pattern to use for Atlantic Waves. I've been on a dishcloth kick lately. Last night I finished a Garter stitch Chevron cloth and it really looked more like waves to me than feather and fan. I also knit a f&f for comparison. I should have done them both in the same yarn for a better side by side but... So what do you all think? The first one is Garter stitch chevron and the second it feather and fan.
it's hard to see in the picture but there are 5 garter rows between stockinette so it is rough then smooth. It really reminds me of waves crashing.
The feather and fan is also really pretty and wave like.
Both patterns look more difficult than they really are.
Any opinions?? Thanks!!

Southeast Baby Oddball Blog

Last edited by HollyP : 07-30-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: huge photos and clarification
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote