Old 09-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #531
lizardknits
1st Leg of the Journey

thanks, I just started it last night/today. I really picked a good color choice. I hope to have a progress pic up soon. :D

otn- a beautiful turquoise blanket in moss stitch (for previously mentioned cousin's coming second child, due late july 2012)
FO- a few hats in the round(just taught myself to join without twisting)
to try next- an entrelac blanket with yarn someone gave my mom
something else fun- making a blanket in the round
lizardknits is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #532
kellybigeyes
Knitting the Flap

hey everyone. my surgery went well. i am in a great deal of pain. hubby is doing great taking care of me. i miss being able tp hold and take care of my little girl. it is going to be a very long 2 weeks. i am in a cast like thing for 2 weeks. so there will be no kniiting at all. :( please keep praying for us. i am really having a hard time. i cant do much for myself at all. i hate depending on other people. sorry for the typos. i am doing this with one hand. thanks so much.

I am also kellybigeyes at http://www.ravelry.com/
kellybigeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:47 PM   #533
MAmaDawn
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by lizardknits View Post
thanks, I just started it last night/today. I really picked a good color choice. I hope to have a progress pic up soon. :D
looking forward to seeing it

Originally Posted by kellybigeyes View Post
hey everyone. my surgery went well. i am in a great deal of pain. hubby is doing great taking care of me. i miss being able tp hold and take care of my little girl. it is going to be a very long 2 weeks. i am in a cast like thing for 2 weeks. so there will be no kniiting at all. :( please keep praying for us. i am really having a hard time. i cant do much for myself at all. i hate depending on other people. sorry for the typos. i am doing this with one hand. thanks so much.
Kelly I was so glad to see that you posted, good to hear from you!

I'm glad the surgery went well. I'm sorry you are in so much pain. And that it's so hard... but good job hubby with taking care of you! I will keep praying, will pray that you heal faster than the dr has even seen before!

Wife to GooB; Mom to Tori (7) and Belle (4) Jeremiah (2)

MamaDawn there too
My Little Shop
MAmaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAmaDawn For This Useful Post:
kellybigeyes (09-19-2008), lizardknits (09-19-2008)
Old 09-19-2008, 07:46 PM   #534
HollyP
Working the Gusset

Kelly, big big s! I will continue to pray for you!!

Lizardknits- can't wait to see it too!

Southeast Baby Oddball Blog
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyP For This Useful Post:
kellybigeyes (09-19-2008), lizardknits (09-19-2008)
Old 09-19-2008, 10:14 PM   #535
blkirback
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to blkirback
Originally Posted by kellybigeyes View Post
So glad to hear that the surgery went well. I'll pray for you that the healing goes quickly and you can get back to your normal life soon.

I bought some yarn last night for working on the blankets. I finally finished all of my baby projects, I'll get some pictures of things tomorrow. Things have been hetic here for the past week and I just finally got the disk back for the camera so I can take pictures.

"Luck sometimes visits a fool, but never sits down with him." - German Proverb

"A great leader is not one who does the greatest things. He's the one who gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Regan

"Great crises produce great men and great deeds of courage." - John F. Kennedy

blkirback on Ravelry
blkirback is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blkirback For This Useful Post:
kellybigeyes (09-20-2008)
Old 09-19-2008, 10:20 PM   #536
misha rf

Kelly, I'm glad your surgery went well, & I'm sorry you're in pain. Sending you (but a gentle one!)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
kellybigeyes (09-20-2008)
Old 09-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #537
lizardknits
1st Leg of the Journey

thanks guys!!!! I hope to have pictures of it soon. I got a lot of the work on it done tonight. I went to student health services cuz my calf was swollen (I have been having excrucating calf pain for the past two days and got a cam boot for it) and I wanted a professional opinion as to whether it was bad enough to go to the ER because of the swelling or to get an ultrasound of my leg (blood clot had not been ruled out at this point. The doc at student health took a look at my left leg as compared to my right leg and it was definitely swollen. I got a cab to an ER and ended up spending four hours there, in between waiting and being seen and more waiting, and being seen, and bloodwork, and waiting, and finally results(I got back to campus at 10:15 eastern time). I was very glad that I had brought it with me to work on. It was also nice because since it is a blanket and since it is getting to be decent sized, when my hands got tired, I could put the blanket over my legs, and voila, i dont need a blanket (hospitals get cold and they asked me if I wanted a blanket). All in all, this has been a productive day for knitting.

otn- a beautiful turquoise blanket in moss stitch (for previously mentioned cousin's coming second child, due late july 2012)
FO- a few hats in the round(just taught myself to join without twisting)
to try next- an entrelac blanket with yarn someone gave my mom
something else fun- making a blanket in the round
lizardknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:23 AM   #538
HollyP
Working the Gusset

Lizardknits I hope everything is OK! Good thinking bringing along some knitting! Last week I went with my Mom to the hospital for a test and didn't bring anything along thinking it would go pretty fast since she had the appt and all. Boy was I wrong! I would have given anything to have had some knitting or a book to read with me! I actually put some dishcloth cotton and a pair of needles in the car the next day. Next time I will be prepared!!

Southeast Baby Oddball Blog
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HollyP For This Useful Post:
lizardknits (09-20-2008)
Old 09-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #539
kayrun
Ribbing the Cuff

Received Atlantic Waves yesterday - -
will add my part this week (hopefully before next
weekend, as my friend's dd is getting married & I'm supposed
to be helping out for 2 days!)
Karen G
in GA
kayrun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kayrun For This Useful Post:
HollyP (09-20-2008)
Old 09-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #540
blkirback
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to blkirback
Lizardknits- I hope that you are okay and that everything turns/turned out alright for you.

Well, I got some picutures taken of the stuff that I made. I don't think that they are very good pictures but the camera hates me so I wouldn't be surprised.

I didn't figure you guys would need me to explain what they were!

"Luck sometimes visits a fool, but never sits down with him." - German Proverb

"A great leader is not one who does the greatest things. He's the one who gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Regan

"Great crises produce great men and great deeds of courage." - John F. Kennedy

blkirback on Ravelry
blkirback is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blkirback For This Useful Post:
lizardknits (09-21-2008)