Old 07-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #21
Puddinpop
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Puddinpop
My doctor told me I had depression when I described how angry I would get and how I was feeling. He put me on Lexapro. The first night I was on it, I woke up with a panic attack. I didn't know what was going on, but my feet and hands were feeling like they were on fire. I didn't know you could be awaken from sleep with an attack. I told my doctor what happened and he said that this showed my medication was working. Oh, my husband calmed me down when it was happening. Once I realized it wasn't going to esculate into something else, I could calm down. It is really a strange feeling, isn't it.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-13-2008, 11:11 AM   #22
rachael72knitter
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
My doctor told me I had depression when I described how angry I would get and how I was feeling. He put me on Lexapro. The first night I was on it, I woke up with a panic attack. I didn't know what was going on, but my feet and hands were feeling like they were on fire. I didn't know you could be awaken from sleep with an attack. I told my doctor what happened and he said that this showed my medication was working. Oh, my husband calmed me down when it was happening. Once I realized it wasn't going to esculate into something else, I could calm down. It is really a strange feeling, isn't it.

Ohhhh its horrible! I actually think once I had my first one, it was a vicious cycle with more to come, b/c it was so bad, that I think I got attacks just thinking, "god. . .what if it happens again."

I literally thought I was dying, having a heart attack, losing my mind all at the same time. I don't wish them on anyone.
rachael72knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #23
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Bach also has a Rescue Remedy which is good. I use it when I am really stressed. Don't use it if you are planning on driving anywhere! It is all natural and non addictive. Good luck!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #24
SBG
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to SBG
My husband gets them. Rescue Remedy helps. It's homeopathic and non-addictive. Plus all the regular relaxation stuff. We get it at www.vitacost.com; that seems to be the cheapest place.
SBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:14 PM   #25
lelvsdgs
Working the Gusset

I'm glad to see you've taken such positive steps to deal with your panic attacks.

I've had them for years and mine stem from some childhood abuse issues. I tried to tough it out but they just got worse. I can go years without having them and then they come back but with therapy and medication, they are usually under control.

My divorce triggered them again and recently, big changes at work coinciding with my daughter leaving home has kicked them up again. I found that once I knew what they actually were, I could "talk myself through them". I still use the medication when I need it.

http://www.frappr.com/knittinghelp

Knitting is saving my sanity

OTN: Hats, hats and soon, socks!

FO:Hats-about 6 of them and a scarf for a coworker
lelvsdgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:20 AM   #26
Mike
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by lelvsdgs View Post
I found that once I knew what they actually were, I could "talk myself through them". I still use the medication when I need it.
I can do that too.

But before they had a name I found that they went away better longer than after they had a name.

I need to get a regular doctor who understands and is willing to give me Xanax. Eventually the bottle I carry around is going to be so worn and old that it won't be safe if I ever do need them.

YouTube channel
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #27
Puddinpop
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Puddinpop
I had an episode years ago, also, when my daughter was a baby. I was dealing with my sister-in-law who we found out has Scisophrenia. Anyway, it was July 4th and I just started feeling weird and my dad took me to the hospital. When I got there, I calmed down. My doctor asked if I was calm because I was at the hospital or what? I didn't know and he asked what was going on in my life. He gave me Xanax at the hospital and a prescription for a few more. We were leaving the hospital and it came on again. I felt like climbing the walls of the car and then I vomited violently. We got to the pharmacy and my dad got my prescription filled. I laid down when I got home and had the best sleep of my life! That medicine was awesome. Years later, my husband told me that I was probably having a panic attack.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote