Old 08-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #131
suewoz
Ribbing the Cuff

Just finished my first dishcloth. Got too tired last night at about three quarters done. Have to figure out how to post photo so I will do that later. I did a varigated one with what is called a bee stitch. I have to get some plain yarn to try the Olympic cloth. Later.
suewoz is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #132
Karina
Working the Gusset

Auburn - though you were studying. I really like your cloth, the cloth knits up like that from the skein?

DeAnzaJig - I really enjoyed doing your Olympic cloth, Are all yours going to be designed by yourself or are you planning to borrow some patterns.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #133
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Yes, I am in the midst of studying, but I have to take breaks or my mind is going to turn to mush.

The yarn is self-striping, so it did knit up like that. I'm pleased with the result.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #134
princessbonniejane
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm a slow knitter so I only have 1/4 of my dishcloth finished. I hope I get at least 8 or 10 dishcloths done by the end of the olympics. I'm glad everyone is having fun!

Last edited by princessbonniejane : 08-09-2008 at 05:02 PM.
princessbonniejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #135
auntcrafty
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Karina View Post
OMG - guess we will let you off. Hope you have an easier day today. have done 1/3 on my no two so far.
Yes, today is easier. I did so much yesterday so I could "play" today. I'm on my way to Lahaina to explore the 2 "LYS" and Barnes & Noble. Hoping for a particular knitting book, but have three books on my fiction list I'm going to look for.

Sunday I plan on finally knitting at the beach.

"....that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love... Colossians 2:2
auntcrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #136
DeAnzaJig
1st Leg of the Journey

Karina - Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the pattern! It's so crazy seeing pictures posted of it.

I hadn't planned on designing all the patterns. It just sort of evolved into this when I couldn't find any Olympic patterns and LBeck had requested I do a few designs for her. My only goal in this KAL challenge was to use up all my cotton yarn that's been sitting around for the last year. It's definitely fun though!

Nathalie - I love your American flag striped dishcloth! So in the spirit of things!

Swimming tonight at 8 pm!!

DeAnzaJig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeAnzaJig For This Useful Post:
auburnchick (08-09-2008)
Old 08-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #137
suewoz
Ribbing the Cuff

My Bee stitche cloth came out rather large also. It was 101/2 in sq. I knit a guage swatch and it was perfect so I don't know what the deal is. Oh well, it is a dishcloth so what does it matter.
suewoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #138
LBECK
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to LBECK
So far behind
I absolutely love the pattern DeAnzaJig. I can't thank you enough. I can't wait to get started on it. My DD will love it and I will probably have to make several for her friends for gifts from her. I am so excited about the others now also.

I am behind in the KAL... I had to help DD move from her Dorm yesterday and before I got home @5:00pm DS called and wanted me to baby sit the DGS for the night. When I got there my 2 neices from next door decided they too wanted to spend the night since DD came home with me so I said yes and we had a house full of kids. Which, I don't mind at all. I love them all dearly, but didn't get any knitting done and missed opening ceremonies all together.... However, 9 year old neice is learning to crochet and we watched some women's basketball this morning and volleyball and soccer and equestrian stuff and I knitted a little when I could between feeding the baby and all. I am now on the pc and should be knitting up a storm to catch up but wanted to know how everyone else is doing also.

Sorry that was so long.

OTN: Several WIPs
Crocheting baby items for a gift shop.

I am yarnin4aproj on Ravelry.

" May every stitch you knit bring you a little closer to that calm, clear space in the center of your soul. --- Earth Heart Designs"
LBECK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LBECK For This Useful Post:
DeAnzaJig (08-10-2008)
Old 08-09-2008, 08:30 PM   #139
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Awww...Lisa...you shouldn't worry too much about it. You were doing something so much more worthwhile...spending time with children.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to auburnchick For This Useful Post:
LBECK (08-09-2008)
Old 08-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #140
LBECK
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to LBECK
Originally Posted by auburnchick View Post
Awww...Lisa...you shouldn't worry too much about it. You were doing something so much more worthwhile...spending time with children.
I know and I do adore them all. I just was so excited about starting this KAL. (mainly because it is my first one)

OTN: Several WIPs
Crocheting baby items for a gift shop.

I am yarnin4aproj on Ravelry.

" May every stitch you knit bring you a little closer to that calm, clear space in the center of your soul. --- Earth Heart Designs"
LBECK is offline   Reply With Quote