View Poll Results: What kind of knitter are you?
A process knitter who takes up premanent residence in the Land of Knitting 32 41.03%
A process knitter who does not reside but rather visits the Land of Knitting 13 16.67%
A product knitter who takes up permanent residence in the Land of Knitting 23 29.49%
A product knitter who does not reside but rather visits the Land of Knitting 6 7.69%
I have no idea 4 5.13%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
What type of Knitter are you?
Based on The Harlot's book, "Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off," what kind of knitter are you?

a process knitter - one who knits fpurely for the love of knitting
a product knitter - one who knits for an end result - the product (this doesn't mean they don't enjoy knitting, it's just not the primary objective)

permanent resident - one who knits constantly (alot) and who's stash is substantial

visitor - one who picks up knitting here and there

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
I'm such a process knitter.. I'm not concerned about not finishing things. I just love the knitting part. -Not to say that I don't finish objects and wouldn't love to have finished objects.. it's just not as important to me.

- from Knitticisms
Old 07-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
ritaw
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,296 Posts
OOoohhhhhh I am a process Knitter..I eat , breath and live knitting lol , What can i say ? I am an addict an i have to have something on the needles even if it is just a knit/purl scarf
Old 07-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #4
fireflyknitter
1st Leg of the Journey

I voted product knitter who permanently resides in the land of knitting because I enjoy knitting but I like to knit smaller things so I can have that feeling of accomplishment when I finish something. If I have too many WIP's I start to feel overwhelmed. And since I'm not working at the mo, I have pleeeenty of time to knit (and do housework, but let's face it...)

My stash isn't very big at the moment but it's big enough that if I stopped buying yarn RIGHT NOW (ha!) it would take me at least a couple months to knit away what I have. Mostly because I knit pretty slow, though.

fireflyknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
susi
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susi
im a definate a process knitter, i live and breath knitting. i always have at least 2things on the go.
i knit untill 3/4 am just so i can get done what i want and play with my 5 year old ds the following day. god help me when he's at school after jan, there'll be no stopping me then .
susi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #6
GinnyG
Instepping Out

I MUST be a process knitter, I consider frogging the opportunityto get twice as much enjoyment out of yarn, you get to knit with it twice
GinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
cristina61
Knitting the Flap

I'm definitely a process knitter who has to knit every single day or else I just don't feel right. I have a pretty large stash and I don't have plans for all of it, but just try and get me to part with it!

I also have a little bit of product knitter in me because all my life I've had trouble finishing what I start, and now that I'm a knitter it gives me great satisfaction to actually finish my projects. I like to knit stuff to use around the house like dish cloths or my eyeshade which I use every night.

So I'm a bit of both . . . but definitely more process than product.

cristina61 on

** My poor neglected blog is here

RIP Gabby (9/12/2009) -- I miss you SO much. We'll never forget what a sweet girl you were!

cristina61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #8
KnittinMitchie
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to KnittinMitchie Send a message via MSN to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Yahoo to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Skype™ to KnittinMitchie
i am a process knitter. I have a stash and many UFOs. I live to knit and knit several hours a day.
Share your Photos of Austin the Bear

Ravelry as KnittinMitchie

KnittinMitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:07 PM   #9
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset

Definately process, and I definately live in the land of knitting. In fact, if that were an actual place, I would move there. Everyone would take the train or the bus so they could knit, every house would have a "stash room" for only knitting/crocheting type things, DH's would build us all shelves to store our yarn, and yarn would be free. Every store would have it. Go buy milk and yarn at the same time. And you either would have to be a fiber nut or be related to a fiber nut to live there.
Oddball Pet Snuggles
I am Mulderknitter on Ravelry, add me to your friends!

My Blog
http://susanknitsandwrites.blogspot.com/
Add me to your faves and leave a comment, I love comments!
Mulderknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #10
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Mulderknitter View Post
Definately process, and I definately live in the land of knitting. In fact, if that were an actual place, I would move there. Everyone would take the train or the bus so they could knit, every house would have a "stash room" for only knitting/crocheting type things, DH's would build us all shelves to store our yarn, and yarn would be free. Every store would have it. Go buy milk and yarn at the same time. And you either would have to be a fiber nut or be related to a fiber nut to live there.
If you build it, they will come...

- from Knitticisms