Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #1
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel
 
knitpurlgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cranberry Twp., PA
Posts: 946
Thanks: 693
Thanked 317 Times in 165 Posts
Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Trying to generate traffic
I'm trying to generate traffic for my blog: http://www.knitpurlgurl.blogspot.com/ It's not professional and I am not selling anything..
__________________
Knitting/Crochet/Crafting/and Related Product Review Blog: KnitPurlGurl

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote

 

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Sewing Angel
Knitting the Flap
 
Sewing Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NM
Posts: 279
Thanks: 173
Thanked 130 Times in 121 Posts
I just added you to my daily blog reading. Looks like you are doing a great job.
Angel
__________________
Sewing Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sewing Angel For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
Wanda Witch
Turning the Heel
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 609
Thanks: 167
Thanked 238 Times in 231 Posts
I just checked out your blog and I added it to my list also. Good job. Hope you are getting a wee bit more adjusted to the move. It is really rough under any circumstances. Find new everything: from doctors, dentists, veterinarians to food markets, drug stores, cleaners and yes, hairdresser too. Good luck. You will make it, just takes time. Moving at best is stressful, thank goodness for the knitting and any other crafts you enjoy. It does help with the transition.
Wanda Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wanda Witch For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe
 
auburnchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,382
Thanks: 3,280
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Originally Posted by knitpurlgurl View Post
I'm trying to generate traffic for my blog: http://www.knitpurlgurl.blogspot.com/ It's not professional and I am not selling anything..
What a cute little blog!

A couple of tips that I've discovered in my eight months of blogging...

1) The more blogs you visit and comment on, the more traffic you get. Kind of a "Do Unto Others."

I'm sure you know that you have the capability of checking out how many people are reading and the place on the web they came from. I look at this information on my own blog and, out of curiosity, click on the source origin. I've discovered a lot of wonderful blogs this way and have made some good internet friends.

2) If you're on Ravelry, comment on people's projects. I comment a lot just because I have a great appreciation for others' work. What happens, I think, is that people visit my Ravelry page, see my blog, and click on it from there. I've had a lot of Ravelry referrals (and my comments, by the way are very genuine and not for the above reason at all).

Word of mouth...errrr...mouse.

3) Add tags to your posts, so if someone is looking for information about magic loop socks, they might pull up your page. I had numerous hits after I blogged about juicing. Some of them came as a result of someone searching for juice fasts.

Happy Blogging!

__________________
Nathalie - AuburnChick's Adventures

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to auburnchick For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel
 
knitpurlgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cranberry Twp., PA
Posts: 946
Thanks: 693
Thanked 317 Times in 165 Posts
Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Originally Posted by auburnchick View Post
What a cute little blog!

A couple of tips that I've discovered in my eight months of blogging...

1) The more blogs you visit and comment on, the more traffic you get. Kind of a "Do Unto Others."

I'm sure you know that you have the capability of checking out how many people are reading and the place on the web they came from. I look at this information on my own blog and, out of curiosity, click on the source origin. I've discovered a lot of wonderful blogs this way and have made some good internet friends.

2) If you're on Ravelry, comment on people's projects. I comment a lot just because I have a great appreciation for others' work. What happens, I think, is that people visit my Ravelry page, see my blog, and click on it from there. I've had a lot of Ravelry referrals (and my comments, by the way are very genuine and not for the above reason at all).

Word of mouth...errrr...mouse.

3) Add tags to your posts, so if someone is looking for information about magic loop socks, they might pull up your page. I had numerous hits after I blogged about juicing. Some of them came as a result of someone searching for juice fasts.

Happy Blogging!

Thanks for all of the tips!! I have just started to comment on people's blogs. I've been so timid to do so - but I've started speaking up when I see a project that is gorgeous or a pattern I like. I see your point. I too, would never comment just to comment. I don't comment unless I have something to say. Thanks a million!
__________________
Knitting/Crochet/Crafting/and Related Product Review Blog: KnitPurlGurl

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #6
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe
 
auburnchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,382
Thanks: 3,280
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Awww...no need to be timid! As a blogger, you know how awesome it is to have people read what you have to say. A simple, "awesome blog" lifts everyone's spirits.

And you know the interesting thing? People will sometimes click on the link in your comment on someone's blog. That's happened to me on the Yarn Harlot's blog, which took me forever to gather the courage to comment on. Way cool, IMHO.
__________________
Nathalie - AuburnChick's Adventures

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
Puddinpop
Turning the Heel
 
Puddinpop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 672
Thanks: 106
Thanked 217 Times in 199 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Puddinpop
I tried to post on your blog but, it says I already have an account and to add my password. I don't remember my password. I was just going to say that I am glad you described your son. It gives me insight into his personality.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puddinpop For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (07-20-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel
 
knitpurlgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cranberry Twp., PA
Posts: 946
Thanks: 693
Thanked 317 Times in 165 Posts
Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Thanks - I'm not sure why it is asking for a password. It must need an ID?? Can't you comment anonymously? I'm not very familiar with blogging tech yet. :}
__________________
Knitting/Crochet/Crafting/and Related Product Review Blog: KnitPurlGurl

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:12 AM   #9
Debkcs
Instepping Out
 
Debkcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 2,919
Thanks: 384
Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Just read your blog, or at least, most of it. Added it to my daily list. Have to be honest, I've started feeling that I spend more time reading on the computer than I do knitting, but I love having an entry into what goes on in others lives.

Love the yarns you've most recently bought, they're colors that I find soothing.

Being able to pick and choose my shifts as an agency nurse, I considered myself to be a SAHM for a good many years. There is nothing more rewarding, at least to me, then to watch your children grow and achieve.
__________________
I LOVE THIS SITE!

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Debkcs For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (07-19-2008)
Old 07-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #10
susi
Turning the Heel
 
susi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SW france
Posts: 778
Thanks: 208
Thanked 157 Times in 154 Posts
Send a message via AIM to susi
Originally Posted by Debkcs View Post
Just read your blog, or at least, most of it. Added it to my daily list. Have to be honest, I've started feeling that I spend more time reading on the computer than I do knitting, but I love having an entry into what goes on in others lives.

Love the yarns you've most recently bought, they're colors that I find soothing.

Being able to pick and choose my shifts as an agency nurse, I considered myself to be a SAHM for a good many years. There is nothing more rewarding, at least to me, then to watch your children grow and achieve.
i added your blog as well. i keep umming and arghing about setting opne up as well.
susi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to susi For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (07-20-2008)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FL Residents... Traffic Law Lisa_H-Town The Lounge 10 12-31-2007 08:39 PM
What Do People See You Doing While You Sit in Traffic? auburnchick The Lounge 54 10-24-2007 09:20 PM
OT: Hartford Rush Hour Traffic michellebreton General Knitting 7 06-12-2007 09:58 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 PM.