Old 07-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #1
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Trying to generate traffic
I'm trying to generate traffic for my blog: http://www.knitpurlgurl.blogspot.com/ It's not professional and I am not selling anything..

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Sewing Angel
Knitting the Flap

I just added you to my daily blog reading. Looks like you are doing a great job.
Angel
Old 07-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
Wanda Witch
Turning the Heel

I just checked out your blog and I added it to my list also. Good job. Hope you are getting a wee bit more adjusted to the move. It is really rough under any circumstances. Find new everything: from doctors, dentists, veterinarians to food markets, drug stores, cleaners and yes, hairdresser too. Good luck. You will make it, just takes time. Moving at best is stressful, thank goodness for the knitting and any other crafts you enjoy. It does help with the transition.
Wanda Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wanda Witch For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Originally Posted by knitpurlgurl View Post
I'm trying to generate traffic for my blog: http://www.knitpurlgurl.blogspot.com/ It's not professional and I am not selling anything..
What a cute little blog!

A couple of tips that I've discovered in my eight months of blogging...

1) The more blogs you visit and comment on, the more traffic you get. Kind of a "Do Unto Others."

I'm sure you know that you have the capability of checking out how many people are reading and the place on the web they came from. I look at this information on my own blog and, out of curiosity, click on the source origin. I've discovered a lot of wonderful blogs this way and have made some good internet friends.

2) If you're on Ravelry, comment on people's projects. I comment a lot just because I have a great appreciation for others' work. What happens, I think, is that people visit my Ravelry page, see my blog, and click on it from there. I've had a lot of Ravelry referrals (and my comments, by the way are very genuine and not for the above reason at all).

Word of mouth...errrr...mouse.

3) Add tags to your posts, so if someone is looking for information about magic loop socks, they might pull up your page. I had numerous hits after I blogged about juicing. Some of them came as a result of someone searching for juice fasts.

Happy Blogging!

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to auburnchick For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (07-18-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Originally Posted by auburnchick View Post
What a cute little blog!

A couple of tips that I've discovered in my eight months of blogging...

1) The more blogs you visit and comment on, the more traffic you get. Kind of a "Do Unto Others."

I'm sure you know that you have the capability of checking out how many people are reading and the place on the web they came from. I look at this information on my own blog and, out of curiosity, click on the source origin. I've discovered a lot of wonderful blogs this way and have made some good internet friends.

2) If you're on Ravelry, comment on people's projects. I comment a lot just because I have a great appreciation for others' work. What happens, I think, is that people visit my Ravelry page, see my blog, and click on it from there. I've had a lot of Ravelry referrals (and my comments, by the way are very genuine and not for the above reason at all).

Word of mouth...errrr...mouse.

3) Add tags to your posts, so if someone is looking for information about magic loop socks, they might pull up your page. I had numerous hits after I blogged about juicing. Some of them came as a result of someone searching for juice fasts.

Happy Blogging!

Thanks for all of the tips!! I have just started to comment on people's blogs. I've been so timid to do so - but I've started speaking up when I see a project that is gorgeous or a pattern I like. I see your point. I too, would never comment just to comment. I don't comment unless I have something to say. Thanks a million!

- from Knitticisms
Old 07-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #6
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Awww...no need to be timid! As a blogger, you know how awesome it is to have people read what you have to say. A simple, "awesome blog" lifts everyone's spirits.

And you know the interesting thing? People will sometimes click on the link in your comment on someone's blog. That's happened to me on the Yarn Harlot's blog, which took me forever to gather the courage to comment on. Way cool, IMHO.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
Puddinpop
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Puddinpop
I tried to post on your blog but, it says I already have an account and to add my password. I don't remember my password. I was just going to say that I am glad you described your son. It gives me insight into his personality.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puddinpop For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (07-20-2008)
Old 07-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Thanks - I'm not sure why it is asking for a password. It must need an ID?? Can't you comment anonymously? I'm not very familiar with blogging tech yet. :}

- from Knitticisms
Old 07-19-2008, 05:12 AM   #9
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Just read your blog, or at least, most of it. Added it to my daily list. Have to be honest, I've started feeling that I spend more time reading on the computer than I do knitting, but I love having an entry into what goes on in others lives.

Love the yarns you've most recently bought, they're colors that I find soothing.

Being able to pick and choose my shifts as an agency nurse, I considered myself to be a SAHM for a good many years. There is nothing more rewarding, at least to me, then to watch your children grow and achieve.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Debkcs For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (07-19-2008)
Old 07-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #10
susi
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susi
Originally Posted by Debkcs View Post
Just read your blog, or at least, most of it. Added it to my daily list. Have to be honest, I've started feeling that I spend more time reading on the computer than I do knitting, but I love having an entry into what goes on in others lives.

Love the yarns you've most recently bought, they're colors that I find soothing.

Being able to pick and choose my shifts as an agency nurse, I considered myself to be a SAHM for a good many years. There is nothing more rewarding, at least to me, then to watch your children grow and achieve.
i added your blog as well. i keep umming and arghing about setting opne up as well.
susi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to susi For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (07-20-2008)