Old 07-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #1
Ronda
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to Ronda Send a message via Yahoo to Ronda
Silver's toe-up sock on 2 circs
Who's done it?
I'm at the part where I've wrapped 8 stitches on either side. I have 8 wrapped stitches on my right needle and 24 stitches on the left needle (the last 8 are wrapped stitches). The RS is facing me. I think I've messed up, but I'm not sure. I can't visualize what's going to happen next. I don't have the directions near me at the moment, but I do believe it says to start knitting...right in the middle of this row?

I'm hoping someone has done this tutorial and can give me feedback. I already messed up once and had to frog, but it took me about 4 days to get the courage to frog it! My WIP sock just sat on the end table for 4 days while I walked past it in fear! Ha! I learned to tink though, so it worked out fine. I just had to psych myself up for it. If I could just SEE someone do this, it would be a big help.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
SBG
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to SBG
I did both her other two. My brain doesn't visualize well, so I just blindly follow patterns. Unless the pattern (or instruction) had an error, this works well. I hope your sock comes out okay!
SBG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SBG For This Useful Post:
Ronda (07-21-2008)
Old 07-22-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
gingerbread
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to gingerbread Send a message via Skype™ to gingerbread
I feel your pain I couldn't even get that far. When I did it was so bad I knew I screwed it up. So mine sat on the coffee table too. Then I finally did tinked it. It worked but I don't have the heart to pick it up again. I just look at the foot and how nice it fits on my toes. I did find a no turn heel I am thinking of trying it. Keep your thoughts for me to get this heel thing right. Now give me a regular heel and I am a wip on it. I will get this heel but it is going to take a little more time than I thought.

Teri

I am memere on Ravelry
gingerbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
Ronda
Instepping Out

Mine has literally sat on the floor for about 2 days! I'm debating on whether or not I want to pick it up and try! Of course, I've worked a lot in the last 2 days, too, so that can be my exuse!

Good luck, Teri!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
Ronda
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by SBG View Post
I did both her other two. My brain doesn't visualize well, so I just blindly follow patterns. Unless the pattern (or instruction) had an error, this works well. I hope your sock comes out okay!
This turned out to be good advice! I just did what the pattern said to do, and it came out all right! ;-)