Old 07-30-2008, 06:20 PM   #11
farmgirl
1st Leg of the Journey

Azlynn,

Yes, it's fingering weight. I figure if I don't use it all I can make a pair of footie socks and/or a scrunchie!

I was all the way to the third pattern repeat when I messed something up really badly and had to frog the whole thing. So now I am back to the beginning of the third pattern part, but now I have a lifeline!

Alex's appointment went ok (he has really bad asthma). They put him back on the shots that I am praying will help him.

As soon as I can convince DH to help me with the camera I will post a picture of what I've done so far?

Miss Kittie,

Did you cast on yet?
farmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-30-2008, 06:44 PM   #12
Azlynn
1st Leg of the Journey

Wow farmgirl you knit fast! It took me like 3 days to get to the third repeat, and I had to frog back from there, too. I did have a lifeline, but even with that I had to start over because the yarn I have doesn't frog well and it kept getting snagged and didn't look right. I think I have a good system going now though - or will once I pick it back up. I'm going to be way behind by the time I pick it back up!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #13
Miss Kittie
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by farmgirl View Post
Azlynn,

Yes, it's fingering weight. I figure if I don't use it all I can make a pair of footie socks and/or a scrunchie!

I was all the way to the third pattern repeat when I messed something up really badly and had to frog the whole thing. So now I am back to the beginning of the third pattern part, but now I have a lifeline!

Alex's appointment went ok (he has really bad asthma). They put him back on the shots that I am praying will help him.

As soon as I can convince DH to help me with the camera I will post a picture of what I've done so far?

Miss Kittie,

Did you cast on yet?
Can't do it till after the Olympics.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:15 PM   #14
auntcrafty
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Miss Kittie View Post
Can't do it till after the Olympics.
I was just thinking I should have done the same thing! Some friends would like some washcloths as a gift & since I signed up for the Olympics KAL first probably should focus on them & the baby afghans. I will have more time later.

"....that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love... Colossians 2:2
auntcrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:23 PM   #15
Azlynn
1st Leg of the Journey

Ohhhhhh I thought you meant something about the real Olympics. I guess I should read some more and figure out what you're really talking about since it obviously has something to do with knitting olympics! lol
Old 07-31-2008, 11:21 PM   #16
farmgirl
1st Leg of the Journey

I figured out who my shawl is for today. One of the girls at work has a tumor on her pituitary gland. She will have to have surgery but thankfully it's not malignant. Her mom,whom she took care of at home, died last year and she also has cancer. Talk about someone who needs a prayer shawl! Azlynn, thank you so much for starting this knit-a-long. God works in mysterious ways.

Lori
"Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might." -Ecclesiastes 9:10
farmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #17
Azlynn
1st Leg of the Journey

Wow, what timing, huh? I think she will be the perfect recipient for this shawl then!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:52 PM   #18
auntcrafty
Knitting the Flap

Hopping Back & Forth
Originally Posted by auntcrafty View Post
I was just thinking I should have done the same thing! Some friends would like some washcloths as a gift & since I signed up for the Olympics KAL first probably should focus on them & the baby afghans. I will have more time later.
Okay, I feel the need to hop back into completing my shawl. I plan to give this Elegant Comfort Shawl to someone I have never met -- her 33 year old husband was killed last Thursday in a car accident, leaving her behind plus their daughter and baby girl due in November. I know about them because his father is one of my favorite CSN radio pastors & knows my pastor back in Maine. I plan to do something for the girls as well.

I'll be using Bernat Bamboo Natural Blends in Wicker, using size 11 needles.

"....that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love... Colossians 2:2

Last edited by auntcrafty : 08-02-2008 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:56 AM   #19
Azlynn
1st Leg of the Journey

Wow, that's sad :(
Old 08-02-2008, 01:52 PM   #20
auntcrafty
Knitting the Flap

Yes it is pretty sad -- my heart has been grieving for his family (wife, daughter, baby, father, mother, & brother plus many friends) since I found out last Sunday. Their church family is huge so I know his wife & the girls will be taken care of.