Old 07-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Are you a Costco shopper?
Several articles have been written lately on if it's wise to shop at Costco and Sam's Club. I LOVE Costco!

1.The pharmacy is the best. They'll bend over backwards to help you out, any way they can. Sadly, they know me by name.
2. You can take your kids there for a 'free' lunch. Just let them fill up on samples.
3.The hot dog or sausage and a drink are still the best deal in town at $1.50. The pizza is wonderful, and you can bake your own or buy it baked from the 'cafe'. (OK, it's not Mario's or your favorite neighborhood place, but this is Oregon, and it's good pizza.)
4.I saved $260.00 on some book shelves for my living room. We bought two the first time, and look forward to buying two more soon. Saw the same thing at another store and almost fainted at the cost there.
5.The food they sell is of consistently good quality.

I could go on, anyone else have a different take on Costco or Sams?

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
jdee
Working the Gusset

My husband and I shop at Costco whenever we're in Plano (Plano is the closest one to us), and we like it. He loves thier coffee. The roast the beans right there in the store, and it smells great. We also bought storage bins for my yarn stash at a good price. We love the non-fat yogurt berry sundae. Yum! We got several of our appliances there.

Visit my blog at www.jdeeannsblog@blogspot.com
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew as steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
jdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
I forgot the coffee! Like to grind our own beans, but we buy them there. And I agree 100% about the berry sundae, they are so good, and it's fun to split one with my DGD.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
jdee
Working the Gusset

The berry sundae is awsome. It tastes like it's made with real berrys instead of the sugary syrupy stuff. It still has so tartness to it.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew as steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
Old 07-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #5
Wanda Witch
Turning the Heel

Costco by a long-shot. Sam's Club, here in the Dallas Metroplex we are right now, versus, the newer Costco? No comparison. We had problems, for the beginning with Sam's Club, even in Albuquerque, but never with Costco. A better selection, I am not certain about price; however the really 'good' meat selection at Costco cannot be beat. Well, that is INMHO.
Wanda Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:51 PM   #6
vaknitter
Working the Gusset

We have a Sam's membership - before we switched the dogs to a "whole" food we found dog food and bones where much cheaper there. We get tires, milk, OJ and a few other things there. There are some things they really aren't cheaper on and some things they are cheaper. While wedding planning we did find their restaurant section very helpful - we were able to buy polyester tablecloths cheaper than the caterer or reception hall were going to rent them to us for (and both of them bought them at Sam's too !). We washed them and then sold them to another bride.
vaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:53 PM   #7
kristaj
1st Leg of the Journey

I wish we had a Costco. When I spent a summer with my aunt in Alaska I loved going to Costco. All we have here is a Sam's. Even at the age of 17 which is what I was ages ago while I was in Alaska I could tell a huge difference in the two companies. Having said that though since we don't have a choice here I can't live without Sam's especially for reasons 2 and 3 on Debkcs' list. It's also the cheapest gas in town.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #8
rachael72knitter
Knitting the Flap

I loooove my Costco's. My husband has a business and got a Sam's card and one for me. I used it once and couldn't find a lot of the stuff I buy at Costco's, so I haven't ever used it again.

I love their wine selection and their fresh flowers; you can do a shower with flowers everywhere and they are sooo affordable.
rachael72knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:00 AM   #9
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
I love Costco! They have good prices on chicken and salmon, too! What kind of coffee is it you like? I haven't bought it there before. I buy decaf and reg and mix them though so if it's in giant containers it might not be the best for me as it might get old before I could use it up.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:52 AM   #10
jdee
Working the Gusset

It's Seattle Mountain coffee beans, and it comes in 40oz bags. My husband likes the columbian supremo flavor. I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but I love the way it smells. We pour some into our airtight coffee canister, then reseal and store the rest in the freezer. I think they sell de-caf too. Like I said, I don't drink coffee, but DH loves it.

Last edited by jdee : 07-31-2008 at 05:36 AM. Reason: typos