Old 08-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #11
Azlynn
1st Leg of the Journey

I think it's easier to decreased than increase, so I'm thinking it would be easier to start with the big side and do it all the same size with the short rows to shape the curve, and start decreasing right after the curve....don't you think?

Oh, and I HATE the button on mine and cut it off right away. I only use the little loop thing, which I think would be easy to make with a thin I-cord loop at the end.

This could be fun as a group project. Maybe we should start some kind of a KAL thing to figure this out? I'm game for figuring it out as a group project. I don't think I could figure it out alone, but tossing ideas around might help a lot!

I have some cheap acrylic I'm going to fiddle with just for swatching and figuring, but I'm going to risk it when we figure out a final pattern and try it with regular cotton since that's all I'll have. I just bought some cottontots from someone's destashing on here.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #12
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,778 Times in 7,145 Posts
I don't use one, but wouldn't mind experimenting. However, I won't have time till at least September. Go for it though!

I don't mind increasing, but if you do then by all means do it the other way.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #13
mwhite
Instepping Out

I'm in if you do a KAL.....or maybe a DAL(design along)~~ Off this pm to my daughter's to spend the night with my lil sweetiepie but will check in later!
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:17 PM   #14
Azlynn
1st Leg of the Journey

I'll participate, but my part will be slow, too. I'm working on a shawl that has to be done by September 10, but sometimes I need a break and will be working on this during those breaks. I'll look in the KAL section for a DAL for this if someone wants to start it? Sounds fun to me!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #15
Tropicflower24
Turning the Heel

I've always wanted one of those, and'd do it, but we are going offline in 3 or 4 days.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #16
Azlynn
1st Leg of the Journey

I think I mostly found what I was looking for HERE. It wraps the opposite way, but it's still a knit pattern and a head wrap, and it looks like it can be adjustable based on your hair length. I went ahead and bought the pattern to see, and if nothing else it will give me ideas on how to customize it even more to work for myself. It should come to my email as a PDF file, so I'll see when it gets here. It was JUST listed on Ravelry today, so I pounced on it right away. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Azlynn For This Useful Post:
auntcrafty (08-02-2008)
Old 08-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #17
auntcrafty
Knitting the Flap

That looks nice, please let us know how you like the pattern.

"....that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love... Colossians 2:2
auntcrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #18
Azlynn
1st Leg of the Journey

I got the pattern in my email shortly after posting here (within 20 minutes of purchasing - really FAST!), and I was wrong - it doesn't wrap the wrong way. It's exactly what I was looking for, and it's actually what we were thinking, with short rows for the shaping, and it looks like it starts with the big part and tapers down to the small part. It looks like a pretty easy, well-written pattern. I'm so excited! I can't wait for my cotton yarn to get here so I can cast on! The designer is very nice and offered her help if I have any questions, too.

I wish I could post the pattern, but since it's a purchase one I obviously can't. All I can do is recommend it highly after looking at it. I'll definitely post my FO when I finish it (that'll be a while since I have a big project OTN right now).