Old 08-14-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
Krystal
Turning the Heel

Woo Hoo! DH got a new job! & Other great news!
Yesterday DH found out he was hired for a new job! We are still really young (24) and in our city jobs rely heavily on the Auto Industry... which as we know isn't exactly thriving right now, so we have been stuck working at McDonald's since we really don't want to leave our home. Everyone we love and everything we love is here...

The place he was hired is GREAT. It is a technical support type place, GREAT hours, GREAT benefits, TONS of room to move up and quickly. No chance of lay offs... They were brought into the city specifically to build up job opportunities that were in demand, with hopes of bringing back the economy.

I am beside myself right now, as this is just the first step on the way to so much! We are both excited about the idea of starting our family... DH didn't really know how much he wanted kids until we had a pregnancy scare last year... When it turned out to be nothing at all he was just as sad and disappointed as I was... But we took it as a sign to start planning and hoping... But really we never thought we'd get very far unless we moved... And we have both left the city before and hated being away from our home and families.

He's already talking about starting our family. Not JUST yet, but once we get a new apartment, with a room for a baby, we will pick our date to start trying to conceive.... The loose plan in motion right now is July 2009! We could really, truly be expecting our child a year from now...

I know I shouldn't get too ahead of myself, but this all just feels so right. Everyone always asks me "When are you going to have babies?" and I always said "2010"... I don't know why, but I always felt that was the year our child would be born... It looks like there is a real chance I could be right!

I am going to stay at the Golden Arches until he establishes his security and the benefits kick in... Then I will apply at the same place... I was going to apply when he got hired, but decided it would be best to have one of us in a definite secure job with a set schedule while he's still in his probation period (three months) Our current boss was happy for us and told him he is always welcome to come back if things don't work out... He's a great guy and a hard worker, and he's sorry to lose him.

I never thought we would have an opportunity like this. We have been trying our best to plan and save and hope we could start our family sooner rather than later, but we didn't want that happy moment to be tarnished with a big giant "how the hell are we gonna manage this!?" We didn't want telling our family to be happy underneath all the excess worry and criticism. My cousins had to go through that when they became pregnant barely out of highschool. Thankfully, we have a very tight, very loving family.... but still, I'd like to do it the old fashioned way... love, marriage, baby.

This just feels so surreal.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Congratulations on the new job for your hubby.

I remember those early days of marriage...long ago (almost 19 years). Each promotion meant the possibility of not eating Spaghetto-O's forever.

You'll know when it's the right time to start a family. And FYI...you're not ever completely "ready" when it does happen.

Sounds like y'all are very level-headed. Kudos!

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:54 PM   #3
Dangles
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Dangles Send a message via Yahoo to Dangles
Congrats to your hubby on the new job. All the best to you, Krystal, as you move ahead in your career path.

Like AuburnChick said, "you're not ever completely "ready" when it does happen." Then you to the good head shake and say whoa.

Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
NikitaShera
1st Leg of the Journey

Way to go Krystal!!! I heard the economy in Windsor is really bad...I like the house prices though. Ford is the only employer there there, and i can imagine the many people that lost their jobs....
NikitaShera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
Krystal
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by auburnchick View Post
Congratulations on the new job for your hubby.

I remember those early days of marriage...long ago (almost 19 years). Each promotion meant the possibility of not eating Spaghetto-O's forever.

You'll know when it's the right time to start a family. And FYI...you're not ever completely "ready" when it does happen.

Sounds like y'all are very level-headed. Kudos!
Thank you...

lol, I know no one is ever completely ready...(Though someone needs to have a talk with my body... it really wants to disagree haha) I never expect to be so... even when I am expecting it to happen I bet I will be knocked right off my feet with EVERYTHING there is to the whole thing.

Just the same, it would be so much more reassuring to be in a better place in life. :D

Originally Posted by NikitaShera
Way to go Krystal!!! I heard the economy in Windsor is really bad...
Oh ya! It's awful. I am so fortunate I got into McDonald's when I was 19... It's nice to have a monday-friday 9-2 job... (9-5 would be better but I'll take what I can get!) with vacation pay and holidays off... lots of job security.. I am really lucky considering how bad it is here. I always laugh at the unemployed people who say they couldn't "do" fast food. It's funny coz I couldn't "do" being unemployed!
Old 08-15-2008, 12:14 AM   #6
Doodknitwit
Working the Gusset

great news
Old 08-15-2008, 01:04 AM   #7
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,089 Times in 608 Posts
Congrats!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:08 AM   #8
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
That is awesome news. Congratulations! When you can afford it it would be a good idea to put aside a little bit for a nest egg for emergencies. Maybe some day it can be used for college or that special trip.

BTW..I've been married 34 yrs next month.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
Krystal (08-15-2008)
Old 08-15-2008, 09:00 AM   #9
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Congrats Krystal!
That's so good for your DH. Life will be a little easier for you guys now and hopefully you'll be able to start your family soon.

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

knitgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
Krystal (08-15-2008)
Old 08-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #10
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Congratulations and good luck with all your future plans.