Old 08-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
ChemGiant
Casting On

Help: Finishing a "Star"/Lacy Dishcloth
I'm finishing up a star/lacy dishcloth pattern, but the directions are a bit sketchy.

The directions are to knit an extra row(to help with sewing up the seam), but there is no direction to bind off. The directions are to gather the center and sew up the seam with whatever method you like best. I think the extra row wouldn't make the work look as nice.

For those of you who have done this type of pattern, what works best to finish off the work? Can the seam be knitted? Do I need to bind off before sewing up the seam?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.
Andy
ChemGiant is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-21-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
A link to the pattern might help. If it says to gather the center, you might do it like ending a hat -- run the tail through the sts on the needle like a drawstring. But that's only a guess based on no idea what it looks like and what you wrote.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote