Old 08-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
susi
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susi
weight loss
i was told by by doc tat i had to loosez 11lb as it was effecting my health (long story, its rubbish you know the way docs are about weight) but i thought i would do it for my sake (and being nagged to hell by the family).

i do about 2 hours of excersise daily eat what i thin is healthily, have my 5 fruit and veg a day easily, dont have large meals dont tend to snack etc.

im odd i actually dont like most junk foods lol.

not sure what i can try nex, my gp just tells me to do more excersise, i dont have time to so more i have a life and a 5 year old (not in that order lol).

any ideas what i can try next as its annoying me now he's said it lol

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
SunshineGurrrl
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to SunshineGurrrl
Weight Watchers might help. I'm a pretty active person and eat really good but I wasn't losing weight either, I started weight watchers more to help my mom but I ended up losing 10lbs too. The points system really helps because I never realized that despite the fact that I was eating healthy, I was eating more than I should have been for my size. It really does help!
SunshineGurrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SunshineGurrrl For This Useful Post:
susi (08-26-2008)
Old 08-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
susi
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by SunshineGurrrl View Post
Weight Watchers might help. I'm a pretty active person and eat really good but I wasn't losing weight either, I started weight watchers more to help my mom but I ended up losing 10lbs too. The points system really helps because I never realized that despite the fact that I was eating healthy, I was eating more than I should have been for my size. It really does help!
i hadnt thought about that. i will look into them now. i dont think im really over weight, but would be great to have the flat stomach back again (pre son, isnt it always the kids fault hehe).

i'll google them now.

tahink you
Old 08-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
SunshineGurrrl
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to SunshineGurrrl
I'm sorry I didnt mean to imply that you were! I get really excited about ww haha because it really helps everyone.
SunshineGurrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SunshineGurrrl For This Useful Post:
susi (08-26-2008)
Old 08-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #5
sgtpam
Turning the Heel

There's so much out there, it's hard to find "the one" that works. NutriSystem was "it" for me. But, forgetting about which program, after ?? many years of "dieting" a few of the things from the NS program stuck that still help me with those last 5 pounds that I keep losing and gaining back. WATER and SALAD. When I notice that those 5 lbs are "ON", I realized that I had not had more than 2 or 3 bottles of water and/or I hadn't had any salad for a few days. When I add those two things back to my daily intake (at least 8 glasses of water and one salad a day) and made sure I had some protein each day...those 5 lbs go back "OFF".

That and (here's the hard part for me), nothing to eat after about 8 at night (not even something "healthy"). Sometimes it's the little things. Oh........and knitting.....knitting's good! You have to do something else with your hands after 8

sgtpam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sgtpam For This Useful Post:
susi (08-26-2008)
Old 08-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #6
feministmama
Instepping Out

11 lbs effecting your health? yeah that's crap. If the Dr said 100 lbs effecs health then maybe.....Unless you have blood pressure that will make you have a stroke or diabetes then weight is just a number. You are as healthy as you feel. And two hours of excercise a day, that's healthy!! Most Drs recommend only a half an hour a day. I bet you look great. 10 lbs is nothing to worry about. I think if you stress about yer weight then that effects yer blood pressure more. So I would say do what feels good, like the way you look and if anyone says anything about it tell them where they can go!
-That's OK, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway....
-I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Reading: Barbara Kingsolver
Knitting: socks

I'm Femmy on Ravelry
feministmama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to feministmama For This Useful Post:
jdee (08-26-2008), susi (08-26-2008)
Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
Cynamar
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Cynamar Send a message via Yahoo to Cynamar
Eleven pounds seems like an odd number. Do you drink sodas? Even diet ones will keep you from losing weight. Maybe you need to substitute some things in your diet--like switch out your grains for whole grains and other low-fat snacks for fruits and veggies. That's all I can think of since you are already active.

While there's tea there's hope. - Sir Arthur Pinero

My KH Blog Thread

My Blog
Cynamar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cynamar For This Useful Post:
susi (08-26-2008)
Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #8
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,090 Times in 608 Posts
I don't know about Weight Watchers but NutriSystem, though effective in helping a person lose weight, wouldn't be, in my opinion, the healthiest choice.

Because their foods are processed they are loaded with sodium. It's actually quite shocking to see the sodium content in their foods! Too much sodium is believed to raise the risk of high blood pressure in some people, leading to other health problems.

The recommended daily sodium intake is 1000-3000 mg and some NutriSystem foods have as much as over 700 mg per package! For example, their cheese pizza (one meal) has 760 mg of sodium. That's A LOT for one small pizza!

A great site for nutrition info is: http://www.mypyramid.gov/ and also, Discovery Health's website: http://health.discovery.com/centers/...n-fitness.html

Additionally you want to make sure you're getting enough water in your diet, sometimes that alone can make a huge difference!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saracidaltendencies For This Useful Post:
susi (08-26-2008)
Old 08-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #9
susi
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by SunshineGurrrl View Post
I'm sorry I didnt mean to imply that you were! I get really excited about ww haha because it really helps everyone.
oh i didnt take it that way, sorry if it came across like that. i was talking myself into the fact taht 11lb over the recomended weight for my height build etc isnt that bad lol.

not sure i can do ww as i cant get the peopper foods that you need etc as i live in a rural part of france that everything is jarred and tinned unless you grow it yourself. but i htink when i move i will def look into it

thank you though
Old 08-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #10
susi
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
I don't know about Weight Watchers but NutriSystem, though effective in helping a person lose weight, wouldn't be, in my opinion, the healthiest choice.

Because their foods are processed they are loaded with sodium. It's actually quite shocking to see the sodium content in their foods! Too much sodium is believed to raise the risk of high blood pressure in some people, leading to other health problems.

The recommended daily sodium intake is 1000-3000 mg and some NutriSystem foods have as much as over 700 mg per package! For example, their cheese pizza (one meal) has 760 mg of sodium. That's A LOT for one small pizza!

A great site for nutrition info is: http://www.mypyramid.gov/ and also, Discovery Health's website: http://health.discovery.com/centers/...n-fitness.html

Additionally you want to make sure you're getting enough water in your diet, sometimes that alone can make a huge difference!
oh wow i didnt know about the sodiul. think tahts a no no as i hate anything processed etc.i'm ish into healthy food and eating (not to obcession i will have icecream every now and again lol).

i went through my diet with my doc in pretty good detail and other than hilm being typical french that i need meat and fish in my diet (im veggie) he said it was perfect. with the excersise i do he said i should be stick thin lol. no fair lol.

i'll def have a look at your websites and see if thers anything on tehre, its just a mine field about dieting out there, i dont want to do anything that stupid thinkign its good to start with.

thank you