Old 08-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
SassieCassie
Casting On

How do I make a rounded blanket
Hi I'm new at this and I cant figure this out...
I want to make a blanket where one side is smaller than the other so I can wrap it around myself and the "NECK" is smaller than the bottom is this possible?
Thanks Sassie-Cassie
SassieCassie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
You could use the "Gramma's Favourite Dishcloth" pattern, if you don't want anything fancy. This is just plain garter stitch.

I would use a chunky weight yarn and a size US 13 needles (I'd probably use a 24" circular needle for this project).

Cast on 4 stitches.
* Knit 2 stitches, yo, knit to end of row.*
Repeat this * row until you reach the desired length of your blanket.
Next row: K1, **K2tog, yo** repeat from ** to ** until you come to the last stitch, K1.
Knit across three rows and then bind off.

This will give you a blanket that is narrow at the top, gets wider with each row you knit and is very wide at the bottom; is easy to make; and will be nice and warm. It will have small holes down each side of the blanket and across the bottom to dress up the plain stitch a tiny bit. You can roll the top down a bit to create a collar when you are wrapping yourself up in it.

Good luck!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:03 AM   #3
susi
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susi
Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
You could use the "Gramma's Favourite Dishcloth" pattern, if you don't want anything fancy. This is just plain garter stitch.

I would use a chunky weight yarn and a size US 13 needles (I'd probably use a 24" circular needle for this project).

Cast on 4 stitches.
* Knit 2 stitches, yo, knit to end of row.*
Repeat this * row until you reach the desired length of your blanket.
Next row: K1, **K2tog, yo** repeat from ** to ** until you come to the last stitch, K1.
Knit across three rows and then bind off.

This will give you a blanket that is narrow at the top, gets wider with each row you knit and is very wide at the bottom; is easy to make; and will be nice and warm. It will have small holes down each side of the blanket and across the bottom to dress up the plain stitch a tiny bit. You can roll the top down a bit to create a collar when you are wrapping yourself up in it.

Good luck!
i'm doing a basic like taht as well to use up stash. the look is simple but great. there a quick ish and easy way to get your afghan (or shawl etc).

good luck with your wrap