Old 09-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Knitting/Fiber-Related Shows
Now that Knitty-Gritty has been cancelled (officially) and is scarcely on - what knitting or fiber-related shows do you watch or TiVo?

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
KnittinMitchie
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to KnittinMitchie Send a message via MSN to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Yahoo to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Skype™ to KnittinMitchie
if you get up early or record it Knitty Gritty is on Friday mornings at 6:30am and my DVR records it every Friday morning. Also on DIY network there is Uncommon Thread.
Share your Photos of Austin the Bear

Ravelry as KnittinMitchie

KnittinMitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
McKnitty
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by knitpurlgurl View Post
Now that Knitty-Gritty has been cancelled (officially) and is scarcely on - what knitting or fiber-related shows do you watch or TiVo?

I am SO sad that Knitty Gritty isn't on anymore! It doesn't come on at all in my area, unless perhaps a different cable company carries it. I have been recording Uncommon Threads, which is interesting but not much knitting.

Thank goodness I still have some old episodes of Knitty Gritty that I recorded. I wish it would come out on a DVD set!

TXMcKnitty on Ravelry
McKnitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Originally Posted by McKnitty View Post
I am SO sad that Knitty Gritty isn't on anymore! It doesn't come on at all in my area, unless perhaps a different cable company carries it. I have been recording Uncommon Threads, which is interesting but not much knitting.

Thank goodness I still have some old episodes of Knitty Gritty that I recorded. I wish it would come out on a DVD set!
I know - I did a search a while back to see if it was on DVD and apparently it's not. What a total bummer! I've tried watching Knitting Daily TV on PBS with Shay Pendrey (sp?), but it just isn't very good. The segments are about 2 minutes long with no real instruction on how to do anything. The hosts just zip through scripted lines and then tell you to give it a whirl at home. What a disappointment. At least with Knitty Gritty Vickie had her guests go step by step through each phase of the project. The projects weren't always something I would knit personally - but I learned a lot of techniques. AND it was interesting none-the-less.

- from Knitticisms
Old 09-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
stdwynwen
Casting On

I'm sorry to hear KG got cancelled. It's what got me into knitting in the first place.
I just can't believe DIY totally took it off the air. They don't even want to air repeats?

I tried to watch 'Knit and Crochet Today' on PBS (the host the is actress from the Soap Opera 'One Life to Live') but she has some host idiosyncrasies I can't get past.
stdwynwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #6
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by stdwynwen View Post
I'm sorry to hear KG got cancelled. It's what got me into knitting in the first place.
I just can't believe DIY totally took it off the air. They don't even want to air repeats?

I tried to watch 'Knit and Crochet Today' on PBS (the host the is actress from the Soap Opera 'One Life to Live') but she has some host idiosyncrasies I can't get past.
Ya - like the fact that she's super annoying?! I'm with ya!

- from Knitticisms
Old 09-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #7
Spokaloo
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by stdwynwen View Post
Oh, thank goodness! I thought I might be the only one who thought that! I really wanted this program to be good and the subjects were presented fairly well, but that hostess just would not be quiet and let them step through the projects! I was especially disappointed in the program on socks! She never let the guest explain how to turn the heel properly!!

Whew! I feel better now! Thanks for letting me pull out my little soapbox!
Spokaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #8
Spokaloo
1st Leg of the Journey

Just checked the Knit and Crochet Daily website and new episodes are scheduled to begin this month and they have a NEW HOST: BRETT BARA, Editor in Chief of Crochet Today magazine! She was a guest on the show several times and I found her very personable and interesting! She should give the program new life!

Check out the website here. They have a pretty good overview of the last season's programs and the projects they showed.
Spokaloo is offline   Reply With Quote