Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #1611
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by cheley View Post
Hi all..and Happy New Year I have completed all my needle work commitments and ready to join in on the blankets...I visited our local APL ( within walking distance of me) and I was very surprised at how "chilly" it was in there..but let's face it, it's better there than 20 below zero...So here's my commitment, if anyone would like to send me there project, I will finish and hand deliver to Friendship APL, here in Elyria, Ohio..I did work on pet snuggles awhile back...So pm me I will forward my address on to you
Originally Posted by cheley View Post
Ummm, I posted a few weeks back that I CAN join in, maybe you might want to read my post...Please let me know, as I have not made any commitments (needle work) pending a response here

I apologize; I thought you were making a general shout-out to anyone that had blankets but no place to donate them -- I didn't realize that you were volunteering to knit as well.

If you would like to knit with us, please let me know which blanket you want to work on and I will add you to the list.

We currently have three blankets that are need of volunteer knitters. If you are interested in donating (and starting a new snuggle for us) let me know that too and I will put you down at the end to finish.

Thanks so much for offering to help! I'm sorry I misunderstood your original post.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #1612
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

DH took down the internet -- we have been doing some remodeling in the basement, which required moving my computer desk, and I found out what he has been doing whenever we add a new device onto our network! (It wasn't pretty. ) I had him move the boxes to the unfinished side of the wall where he has better access to them and he has run into a snag that affects two of our computers, including the laptop in my bedroom where I store my photos. So, no internet access over the weekend. :( Hopefully he'll get that fixed over the next week and I'll put some new photos on the blog.

I did take Flower Path to the shelter this weekend -- it seems that Sunday is their busiest day! But I was able to talk to one of the workers. I remembered him from when we adopted our cats, and he remembered my kitties too! In fact, the grey kitty had been part of a pair named they named Thelma and Louise, but when we went to adopt, Louise was already taken -- he told me that he had been talking about the pair recently.

Anyway, he seemed to be both surprised and grateful when I pulled the blanket out for him. He took me to the clinical area where they have some kittens who were recently rescued and told me that was where he was going to put the blanket. (They separate new arrivals for a few days to give them a chance to get used to people and aclimated with their surroundings. It was certainly a lot quieter back there.) It was so nice of him to take that time (when they were so busy) to show me! I only wish I had taken my camera in with me; there were so many cars when we pulled in that I thought it wouldn't be worth dragging it along.
The Following User Says Thank You to sakura-panda For This Useful Post:
susauehl (01-09-2012)
Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #1613
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by calimama View Post
I'd be happy to take a spot on Blueberry Chocolate -- I was just thinking it'd be nice to do a blue and brown blanket, so your post seemed like a sign
Got you down -- thanks!

Cloud Nine (Cotton)
1.Shandeh
2.Shandeh (<-- Currently knitting!)
3.bugsyblacklab
4.susauehl
5.sakura-panda

Jungle Fever
1.calimama
2.susauehl
3.bugsyblacklab
4.sakura-panda
5.sgtpam (<-- Currently knitting!)

Green Pastures
1.bugsyblacklab
2.susauehl
3.sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting!)

Starry Night
1.susauehl
2.bugsyblacklab
3.calimama (<-- Currently knitting!)

Blueberry Chocolate
1. sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting!)
2. bugsyblacklab
3. susauehl
4. calimama
Old 01-10-2012, 01:14 AM   #1614
jimicobain
Casting On

hi I'm new to this group and would like to help. How can I get started? Jimicobain (Gail Johnson)
Old 01-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #1615
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by jimicobain View Post
hi I'm new to this group and would like to help. How can I get started? Jimicobain (Gail Johnson)

Welcome to the group! I'm sending you a PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #1616
cheley
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
Welcome to the group! I'm sending you a PM.
..Replied to your message>

Old 01-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #1617
susauehl
1st Leg of the Journey

Welcome to the new knitters! Glad you joined.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #1618
bugsyblacklab
Ribbing the Cuff

Cloud Nine
Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
It's ready to mail! I just need to make myself leave the house and drive to the post office. I have been so lazy lately!
Shandeh, I received Cloud Nine Saturday. Thanks so much for all the goodies you enclosed. The White Tea/Raspberry drink mix is delicious! I haven't decided what colors to use for my section yet, but when I finish, I will post a progress picture.

Elizabeth
The Following User Says Thank You to bugsyblacklab For This Useful Post:
susauehl (01-16-2012)
Old 01-16-2012, 02:05 AM   #1619
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Originally Posted by bugsyblacklab View Post
Shandeh, I received Cloud Nine Saturday. Thanks so much for all the goodies you enclosed. The White Tea/Raspberry drink mix is delicious! I haven't decided what colors to use for my section yet, but when I finish, I will post a progress picture.

Elizabeth
So glad you got it! Enjoy.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #1620
calimama
Casting On

Does Starry Night have a knitter signed up to be next? I'm ready to send it on its way...

Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
Got you down -- thanks!

Cloud Nine (Cotton)
1.Shandeh
2.Shandeh (<-- Currently knitting!)
3.bugsyblacklab
4.susauehl
5.sakura-panda

Jungle Fever
1.calimama
2.susauehl
3.bugsyblacklab
4.sakura-panda
5.sgtpam (<-- Currently knitting!)

Green Pastures
1.bugsyblacklab
2.susauehl
3.sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting!)

Starry Night
1.susauehl
2.bugsyblacklab
3.calimama (<-- Currently knitting!)

Blueberry Chocolate
1. sakura-panda (<-- Currently knitting!)
2. bugsyblacklab
3. susauehl
4. calimama
Closed Thread