Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #271
jdee
Working the Gusset

"Forever Friends" is on its way to the next knitter. PM me if you'd like a conformation #

Visit my blog at www.jdeeannsblog@blogspot.com
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew as steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
The Following User Says Thank You to jdee For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (01-05-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #272
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Good luck, Susan!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #273
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

I'm intrigued and I have quite a stash of Red Heart Super Saver yarn that I don't know how I want to use. My colors are "Light Coral", '"Dusty Teal", "Grey Heather" and maybe "Soft Navy", "Rose Pink" and "Light Periwinkle". (I'm getting these color names off of the Knitting-Warehouse website. If I'd update Ravelry like I keep saying I want to, I wouldn't be guessing what I have. )

If I have the navy and/or the light blue, I'd like to sign up for the blues (I wonder how they would look knit together?); otherwise I'll just watch for a group that better matches my stash.

I have both a dog and a cat, who they are not allowed anywhere near my yarn, including when I am working on it. I don't know if that makes a difference to the allergy affected (probably not ) but I wanted to mention it.

I'm a new knitter and do not have much experience with binding off or borders (I'm still struggling with weaving in ends ); however, I can do a basic crochet border if needed. (Not really volunteering but letting you know that I probably could finish it off. I haven't been following the other oddball threads, so I'm not sure what the finished blankets usually look like.)
The Following User Says Thank You to sakura-panda For This Useful Post:
Mulderknitter (01-07-2009)
Old 01-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #274
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Hi Katie!

I'm sure that Mulderknitter will be happy to use your knitting on our snuggles! They can be made with ANY color yarn, actually, because the homeless pets are not critical about color choices. They just want to snuggle on the blanket.

And I don't think you'll need to worry about allergies either. Everyone else in the group has lots of pets. (I'm the only allergic one, so I just START snuggles.)

Be sure to send a private message to Mulderknitter, with your name and mailing address, so she can add you to the list of knitters.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #275
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset

Hi and welcome Katie!
You can use whatever yarn you have around that is acrylic. That is why I started this blanket group. I have tons of acrylic that I don't know what to do with because a coworker of mine gave me 5 trashbags full after her mom died. I donated some, but kept some too.
I'd be happy to add you to Snuggle Buddy for some blue. You just need to hold the 2 strands of yarn together and knit as if they are one. I can put you on as the 3rd knitter, so you don't have to worry about binding off the bottom or weaving in ends. And we are actually not worrying about a crochet border, as the blankets are already the right size (I can't crochet at all).
I don't think any of us have allergies except for Sandy, so she just starts one when she has time
You can send me a PM with your name and address and I will add you to the list!
Thanks again!
Oddball Pet Snuggles
I am Mulderknitter on Ravelry, add me to your friends!

My Blog
http://susanknitsandwrites.blogspot.com/
Add me to your faves and leave a comment, I love comments!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #276
DJBug
Ribbing the Cuff

So call me clueless, but I plead new knitter to account for my ignorance. (Of course, as a new knitter, I also don't yet have much of a "stash" to pull from.) What exactly are pet snugglers? I kinda gleaned that you're making something (a small blanket?) for pets in shelters, and I would love to contribute to something like that (especially if the knitting doesn't have to be perfect--I do pretty good, but still a newbie). So could somebody clue me in with more details so I can decide if I want to "sign up"? Maybe there's a link?
Thanks
DJ
The Following User Says Thank You to DJBug For This Useful Post:
Mulderknitter (01-07-2009)
Old 01-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #277
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset

Hi DJBug!
A pet snuggle is basically a small blanket for pets. They are called "oddballs" because a bunch of knitters work on it from what they have in their stash, and it kinda/sorta matches but it's nice because it's all different and nothing is perfect! It's a great way for a newbie to learn! All you do on these pet snuggles are the knit stitch for 5 inches, everything comes in the mail to you with the blanket already started on the needles from the other people, keep everything on the needles and send it in the mail to the next person. You don't have to bind off or weave in ends because it goes in the mail for the next person to work on!

You can look at previous posts in this forum for an idea of what they look like, or on the 2nd page I posted a picture of the one I started just a few days ago.

You can feel free to join in if you want, and contact anyone of us via this forum or pm me if you get the blanket in the mail and are confused. Otherwise, you can also feel free to "watch" along with the thread to see if you are interested. We also make a point of contacting the next knitter in line when the blanket is ready to go off so that they are ready, and if they have too much stuff going on to work on the blanket, we just send it to the next person, so no one is obligated to work on it if it's their turn and they have too much other stuff going on.
Hope that helps!
Oddball Pet Snuggles

My Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to Mulderknitter For This Useful Post:
DJBug (01-07-2009)
Old 01-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #278
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset

Just wanted to say welcome to our new Acrylic pet snuggle knitter-Sakura-Panda!
You will be the 4th knitter on Snuggle Buddy, I forgot to add myself to the list It will be started sometime this week
Oddball Pet Snuggles

My Blog
Old 01-07-2009, 11:30 PM   #279
DJBug
Ribbing the Cuff

Count me in!
(I thought I already posted a reply, but I don't see it anywhere, so sorry if I end up double-posting)
This sounds like fun to me; of course I'll have to go buy some acrylic yarn--gives me an excuse to go shopping!
I really like working with variegated yarns, but am willing to do whatever--let me know so I know what to pick up next time I head out to the craft store. Oh, and what weight--worsted? (showing my beginner-ness again!)
(I'm assuming at some point someone will ask for my address to be able to send the project to me....)

Looking forward to adding to a blanket.....
Mulderknitter (01-08-2009)
Old 01-08-2009, 01:35 AM   #280
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Worsted weight is correct!

Some of our knitters like to wait until they get the snuggle in their hands, and they take it to the craft store to choose a color that will work well with it.

Oh! And we sometimes include little treats to the next knitter. (tea, coffee, candy, notecards, candles, yarn, knitting notions) Makes things even more fun!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
DJBug (01-09-2009), Mulderknitter (01-08-2009)
Closed Thread