Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #61
KnittinMitchie
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to KnittinMitchie Send a message via MSN to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Yahoo to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Skype™ to KnittinMitchie
Here are the "puppies" in our family.

The 2 Chocolate Labs are my mom's dogs. Cooper is on the left and just about 18 months old. Cocoa is on the right (wearing orange) and is 6 yrs old.

Here are my 2 "deamons" Michelle, the 3 yr old, and Pudgy my terrier Mix is 7 yrs old. Michelle LOVES to "play" with Pudgy.
Share your Photos of Austin the Bear

Ravelry as KnittinMitchie

The Following User Says Thank You to KnittinMitchie For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (10-10-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #62
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Originally Posted by Mulderknitter View Post
Here's a pic of Mulder. Remember past posts where he drowns his mousy toys in his water bowl? Well, the first thing he did was claim one of those little toys as his own!
Yay!!!! How cool to see one of my catnip toys being loved!

Originally Posted by KnittinMitchie View Post
I guess Mulder was a mob hit man in a past life. That is just too cute.

Originally Posted by KnittinMitchie View Post
Here are the "puppies" in our family.
Thanks so much for the story and photos!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #63
Spikey
Turning the Heel

They LOVE them!!!
Oh, Sandy!

Just got home and opened the box. Our boys went nuts over the toys!

Luke claimed the blue and white square one, immediately pouncing on it and rolling around like a wild man. DH and I were laughing too hard to get a picture. He NEVER plays with toys, being an ex-feral kitty. But he absolutely loves this!

Spike claimed the orange mouse, batting it and chasing it down the wood floor in our long bedroom hallway like a pro hockey player

Even poor, old, sick Mikey got in on the act, claiming the green and purple mouse for his very own, rubbing his face on it and carrying it around like wild prey he had caught. It brought a tear to my eye. Thanks. He is falling asleep on his pillow right now with it in the crook of his front leg.

The candle is lovely, too. DH and I can't wait to light it on a romantic evening.

Thanks SO much for your thoughtfulness!
The Following User Says Thank You to Spikey For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (10-11-2008)
Old 10-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #64
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Awwww!!
I love the story you shared, Spikey!
I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes! That NEVER happens to me!

I'm so glad that Luke, Spike, and Mikey like the toys I made for them. Enjoy your romantic evening VERY soon!
Old 10-11-2008, 03:07 PM   #65
sgtpam
Turning the Heel

Let me introduce you to my best friend, Shebah
Here’s my best friend. I named her Shebah (as in queen of…). I got her (or she got me) as soon as she was ready to leave her birth mom, December of 1999. Her mom is a full shitzu and it was an unplanned pregnancy. Mom was a family pet of a coworker. They only let her “play” with other shitzus and when she had pups, they kept a few and the rest went to people at work or friends…just so you know that they weren’t breeding for sale. Anyways, she was a little floozy and got out one day and “played” with the neighbor dog. Luckily, the boy next door was an adorable full miniature silky terrier and they had 6 or 7 pups. When they brought them to work to put them up for adoption, I just fell in love with the runt of the litter. I had just bought my house and was ready to move in…so, she and I moved into my new house together.

I take her with me whenever I can…she doesn’t mind flying (though it’s just about gotten too expensive to take her anymore, prices have tripled since the first time I flew with her) and loves to go. She has a dog sitter that takes care of her when I have to travel for military duty; we’ve had the same dog sitter from the start, she has had 2 boys since then and now they help take care of “their Shebah Debah”.

She does not, however, love my new knitting obsession! My lap and attention have belonged to her for so long that she just doesn't think she should have to share it! As soon as I get settled in, that's when she decides it's time to play or cuddle. She's getting better about it though...as long as she gets a treat first. She also insists on an appetizer before she'll eat dinner and, at 8pm--830 at the latest...she better get her "greenie" or she won't quite till she gets it....yup, she's just a little spoiled. But, she's a great dog.

The first picture is one of the first I took of her as a puppy. The other is one that my sister took when I spent Christmas with her in Tennessee a couple of years ago. She’s a professional photographer…kids and live sports are her specialty. Shebah doesn’t usually sit still long enough to get a picture.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	shebah 2000.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	50354  
Attached Images:

The Following User Says Thank You to sgtpam For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (10-11-2008)
Old 10-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #66
KnittinMitchie
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to KnittinMitchie Send a message via MSN to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Yahoo to KnittinMitchie Send a message via Skype™ to KnittinMitchie
Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
Thanks so much for the story and photos!
The labs are SPOILED to the core and they are my other 2 siblings. Mom got Cocoa after I moved out and got Cooper last Thanksgiving after my brother graduated HS. So they're our replacements. So see where we stand at in the scheme of things. Its the dogs and the grand baby, "forget" the rest of us.
Share your Photos of Austin the Bear

Ravelry as KnittinMitchie

Old 10-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #67
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset

Hi! I finished my part on "paws and claws" today. Misha RF, are you ready? I haven't seen you post about what pets you have, so if you could reply and let me know I would love it!
Oddball Pet Snuggles
I am Mulderknitter on Ravelry, add me to your friends!

My Blog
http://susanknitsandwrites.blogspot.com/
Add me to your faves and leave a comment, I love comments!
Old 10-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #68
jdee
Working the Gusset

I just wanted to let you know that "Puppy Love" arrived safely. We were out of town yesterday, and today, and when we got home, it was here waiting to be opened. I love coming home, and finding packages.

Thank you so much for the candle. And as you can see, the kitty toys are a big hit!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toy-Morty.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	50356  Click image for larger version

Name:	Toys-Abby, Mabel.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	50357  Click image for larger version

Name:	toys-Merlin, Max.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	50358  

Visit my blog at www.jdeeannsblog@blogspot.com
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew as steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
The Following User Says Thank You to jdee For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (10-12-2008)
Old 10-12-2008, 08:50 PM   #69
misha rf

Originally Posted by Mulderknitter View Post
Hi! I finished my part on "paws and claws" today. Misha RF, are you ready? I haven't seen you post about what pets you have, so if you could reply and let me know I would love it!
I'm ready! I'll PM you my addy.

We recently got a dog, Maggie. We also have 8 cats (my husband is the crazy cat lady, not me--only 3 of them are mine). We really don't need any more cat toys. Most of the time, we end up taking them away from the dog! I suppose we should be happy that *someone* will play with them...

You should also know that I'll be out of town until late Thursday, so if it arrives while I'm gone, I won't be able to acknowledge it until Friday.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (10-12-2008)
Old 10-12-2008, 09:56 PM   #70
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by jdee View Post
I just wanted to let you know that "Puppy Love" arrived safely..........Thank you so much for the candle. And as you can see, the kitty toys are a big hit!
You're welcome! Thanks so much for the photos - the kitties look so happy!

I've decided to cast on another snuggle, naming it "Forever Friend".

I'm placing "scrappygolden" as the next knitter after me, since she hasn't had a chance to work on one yet.

Who else wants to knit on "Forever Friend"? We need 4 more knitters.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
scrappygolden (10-15-2008)
Closed Thread