Old 10-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Really rotten comment
I got an email that anonymous left a comment on one of my blog posts. Being that I am not a prolific knitter or blogger - I was excited to receive a comment and rushed to read it...it turns out someone had left a nasty message about how they like knitting, but also love to shoot heroine and wanted me to let them know if I know who's 'holding.' Not only was the post disturbing all by itself, but the really disturbing thing is that this comment may have come from a family member. Long story short, my sister is a recovering heroine addict and we (the family) went through hell for years with her. I got what seemed like endless phone calls saying that she overdosed. I was so emotionally and physically drained by the time the court finally order her to rehab. Since rehab, she has been clean and sober (almost 2 years now!!) and has gotten married. We are currently fighting with my hubby's brother (spoiled rotten jerkoff) who humiliated my Asperger's Syndrome son by calling him a "3 yo girl" because he was upset when the movers packed away all of his things (Asperger's Syndrome kids have a really hard time with change). We have told him that humiliating our special needs child is absolutely ridiculous and that he needs to apologize to Brian. Well he refuses and has decided to lobby for the remaining family members to write us off as a part of the family. I think he left the comment knowing how hurtful that time in my life was. HE is just that small and petty. And my sister's heroine addiction is a hot-button issue for us. My Feedjit account also indicates that someone from his city was viewing my blog around the time the comment was posted. I have absolutely no proof of this and don't care to pursue it - but it is pretty bothersome to me. My hubby also thinks it was his brother. UGH!

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-01-2008, 04:59 PM   #2
evona
Working the Gusset

I am so sorry! How awful for someone to capitalize on an emotional and hurtful part of your life in order to fulfill their pettiness (if it was indeed your BIL who left the comment) and how childish, obnoxious and hurtful to make fun of any child - nevermind a child with special needs and nevermind his own nephew, to whom he should be a good role model rather than a petty child of even less maturity. and lastly, I am sorry you had a horrible comment left on your blog regardless of whom it was from.

evona is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evona For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (10-01-2008)
Old 10-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

Wow, just wow! Whoever it was is a sick, sick person. Sounds like your husband's brother needs a little visit to a psychiatrist, if not just for stalking you on a blog but for the other mentally unstable things he's done, what a nutjob. Sorry you have to go through this.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
I forgot to mention that I have since deleted the comment restricted comments so that each comment must be approved by me before it is posted.

- from Knitticisms
Old 10-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #5
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by stitchwitch View Post
Wow, just wow! Whoever it was is a sick, sick person. Sounds like your husband's brother needs a little visit to a psychiatrist, if not just for stalking you on a blog but for the other mentally unstable things he's done, what a nutjob. Sorry you have to go through this.
Coincidentally, someone from his city and the city his wife works in visits my blog every day without fail. Weird. Some people need a life.

- from Knitticisms
Old 10-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
Puddinpop
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Puddinpop
Sorry that you are going through this. Pray for him. In the bible it says that praying for someone that has hurt you is like heaping hot coals on his head, but I wouldn't do it for that reason. He needs help! I hope your son doesn't dwell on what he said. As far as needing a life, I might be in the same boat, cause I have to look at KH everyday. LOL

Hey, I just remembered. Aren't you the one that the LYS gave you a hard time about your needles? It's got to get better. Don't take all of this personally. They have serious problems. You don't.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puddinpop For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
Sorry that you are going through this. Pray for him. In the bible it says that praying for someone that has hurt you is like heaping hot coals on his head, but I wouldn't do it for that reason. He needs help! I hope your son doesn't dwell on what he said. As far as needing a life, I might be in the same boat, cause I have to look at KH everyday. LOL

Hey, I just remembered. Aren't you the one that the LYS gave you a hard time about your needles? It's got to get better. Don't take all of this personally. They have serious problems. You don't.
Well, I need a life too I check KH and Ravelry every day!! I just mean that someone who dislikes you checking your blog every day is a bit creepy. Ya - I'm the one who had the troubles with the LYS. Fortunately, I am not visiting that shop anymore. I used to visit it on Friday nights when I went home to Ohio and since we don't have plans to keep going home to Ohio past this weekend, I have no reason to even stop in. I don't take that personally. I think snobbery is universal..

- from Knitticisms
Old 10-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #8
rachael72knitter
Knitting the Flap

Can you nlock or ban him from your blog?
rachael72knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rachael72knitter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #9
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Unfortunately, no

- from Knitticisms
Old 10-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #10
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

We should all post snarky comments about the blog stalkers on your blog. Call them out on it!
Immature, I know, but it's fun to think about it.