Old 12-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #141
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
My went out last week.. it should arrive Tuesday.

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #142
Songbirdy
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by KnitPrincess View Post
It may be in their country but not in their state right now. Sometimes it takes a day for them to update the location of the parcel. Check back later today to see if the status has changed =) Let us know if you run into any problems.
Its been in Texas two days after I left it at the post office... so I dunno!!! It showed it arrived at Texas and then its just sat there!

I also feel kind of bad because this is my first swap and I'm afraid mine is kind of plain . I ended up basically spending the monies completely on yarn and notions. And when I look at all the cute stuff I feel badly! I sincerely hope the package is okay!!!

Perhaps I'm just getting worked up, I've been checking eagerly to see if my parcel arrived, lol! I wanted it to get there before Christmas,
Songbirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #143
oneyarn
Ribbing the Cuff

Thank you Songbirdy...I can't believe I am the one that was waiting for your package to arrive. Got a notice in my mailbox on Saturday that I could pick something up today at the post office, but thought it was a "traveling scarf". But what I got instead was a box wrapped in really cute paper with butterflies, bees, and dragon flies on it.
I loved everything you sent and I love that you spent all the money on yarn and notions.
I don't think I would have ever been able talk myself into getting the yarn for the Liquid Siver Shawl by Rosemary Hill..my "yarn money" always seems to go to getting yarn to make something for someone else. The color of yarn is a wonderful rose shade and the amethyst/cooper lined beads are just perfect for the yarn. You even sent big eye beading needles which will really come in handy.
And to top things off you sent 2 boxes of tea....Wild Berry Zinger and Holiday Chai.
I was so lucky when you got picked to be my swap pal. First time or not, you did great and I would take you as my partner any time......
Thanks again for everything....now I don't have to just dream about the shawl....

oneskein is all you need to knit happy
oneyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oneyarn For This Useful Post:
Songbirdy (12-01-2008)
Old 12-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #144
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Songbirdy View Post
Its been in Texas two days after I left it at the post office... so I dunno!!! It showed it arrived at Texas and then its just sat there!

I also feel kind of bad because this is my first swap and I'm afraid mine is kind of plain . I ended up basically spending the monies completely on yarn and notions. And when I look at all the cute stuff I feel badly! I sincerely hope the package is okay!!!

Perhaps I'm just getting worked up, I've been checking eagerly to see if my parcel arrived, lol! I wanted it to get there before Christmas,
Songbirdy I am sure your pal will just love your package The other little things others included are not really required just done as fillers and well fun I guess Hmm its been sitting in Texas huh! How strange..on the reciept is there some kind of number you can call to inquire about it? Maybe a phone call would get this package moving again.

We could learn a lot from crayons:some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names,
and all are different colors....
but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*KnitPixie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:50 PM   #145
Songbirdy
Knitting the Flap

Oh you have no idea how relieved I am... phew! I was getting quite anxious, so it is a huge relief that the parcel arrived and is enjoyed ...

This was fun, my kids were just enthralled with the idea that people would *do* stuff like this for eachother, and... my friends thought I was nuts! lol

I did the mini-sock exchange but that seemed so much smaller (since you only needed the envelope, lol)...

I had fun and I'd love to try it again. Thanks for your work hosts!
Songbirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Songbirdy For This Useful Post:
KnitPrincess (12-02-2008)
Old 12-02-2008, 01:10 AM   #146
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

Songbirdy I am so glad to hear that your first swap worked out well for you! See... I told you she would love your package

We could learn a lot from crayons:some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names,

Old 12-02-2008, 01:12 AM   #147
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by oneyarn View Post
The color of yarn is a wonderful rose shade and the amethyst/cooper lined beads are just perfect for the yarn.
oneyarn do you have any pics? The yarn and beads sound beautiful!!! I would love to see them together

Old 12-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #148
oneyarn
Ribbing the Cuff

No pictures yet, but I will try to get some of the yarn and beads.
I am busy searching were my size 8 needles are.so I can cast on the shawl...the package is empty, so where are they? Is there a UFO hiding somewhere?

oneskein is all you need to knit happy
oneyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #149
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Originally Posted by Songbirdy View Post
Mine was kinda plain too! I purchase the required amount in yarn and such and then bought extra yarn and notions as goodies.. not so much cutesy things. I hope my swap partner isn't disappointed. I guess I'll know what to do next time!

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #150
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by KnitPrincess View Post
Like people each package is different. If we all made them the same way it wouldn't be much fun swapping Everyone had put a lot of thought into their gifts and we all had fun which is what counts
Couldn't have said it better