Old 10-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
susanfitz
Casting On

I'm Stuck on A Knitting Pattern
Hi. I've been knitting for several years now & I've decided to try my luck with knitting a beret. I'm currently trying to knit the following pattern (http://knittingdivine.blogspot.com/2...e-pattern.html) for my sister for christmas. There's only one problem: I usually use DPN's instead of circular needles, so I don't understand how to knit such a small diameter (10 stitches CO) on circular needles. Do I use them like straight needles until the project gets big enough to join together? Or can I use DPN's instead of the circular needles?

Hope someone can help
Susan
susanfitz is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
Sknitter56
Knitting the Flap

The pattern says it's knitted flat on the circular needles and seamed after knitting, so you wouldn't be joining to work in the round. You'd just knit back and forth as if you're using regular straight needles.
Sknitter56 is offline   Reply With Quote