Old 11-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #11
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Hmmm...the over-achieving thing...probably true. Although I think that it's a fact that more women have FM/CFS than men. Could it be that it's because we are the primary caregivers, etc.?

As far as the vitamins/etc...yes, it does take a long time for you to be able to tell a difference. I tend to feel better when I'm eating healthier, but it's another thing that takes time for you to notice. We have so much icky stuff inside us that it takes a long time to rid our systems of it. But once you do, you feel so great!

Gee...I REALLY need to do another juice fast...

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #12
cdjack
Turning the Heel

Yeah, maybe I'll give the magnesium with malic acid a try and give it a chance to work. I do eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I try to make as much of my food from scratch. I like to know exactly what I'm putting in my body.

Funny that you started this thread now, Laura. As we just had our first real cold front of the season last week, my fibro symptoms made an uninvited return this past weekend. Now they should come and go for the rest of the fall and into the winter and early spring.

I would be interested in knowing more about the guiafenesin. I take it, but only for about five days out of the month. My dh and I are trying to get pregnant and it is supposed to help with that.
I just take a few teaspoons full of the syrup.

Courtney
cdjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #13
Hsiaokuo62
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Hsiaokuo62
guai
I hadn't thought about guai as helping getting pregnant but it makes sense, thinning the mucus plug of the cervix. We don't use the syrup, there is actually quite a lot to learn about doing the protocol correctly. Here is the link www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com .

It s pretty interesting, have fun investigating

OTN: socks for DS almost done.
Hsiaokuo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:19 PM   #14
cdjack
Turning the Heel

Wow... that is interesting. I don't take anything orally that was on the "No" list. However, my shampoo and toothpaste are on the list ... and maybe my Burt's Bees lip balm.
I wonder why they don't want you taking the syrup. Guiafenesin is the only active ingredient. The pills would be easier to take. Lord knows that I don't take the syrup for the taste.

Courtney
cdjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #15
Hsiaokuo62
Turning the Heel

ick
Maybe THAT's why they don't have us take the syrup

Man I am wiped out today. I am going for a hike tomorrow so I hope I have the energy!!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 11:40 PM   #16
Hsiaokuo62
Turning the Heel

oh my eyes!
My eyes are burning so bad, that the old song "Doctor my eyes" keeps going through my head!!

Old 12-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #17
Hsiaokuo62
Turning the Heel

Had the appt....
The appt was today and I was impressed. I like the doc, and the staff... good thing, I was there 6 hrs No Kidding! I hr with the doc and then lab work (don't ask how many tubes of blood they drew) then 2 IVs, and a shot, which I was taught to give, and gave, myself!

My cousin came with and it was great to have her there for company and support. She even went out and got us breakfast after the labs were done, which we munched on as the first IV dripped. Just like everybody else who was there.

I have list sof stuff and new meds and then will get more and/or have them changed based on the lab results. Its a process that continues for 9 mos to a year, and by the end of that time they predict i will be recovered or almost so, and weaned off most of the meds and supps. I am really excited to see what happens and I promise to be a cooperative patient and do everything they say. I want to maximize my chances for a good recovery.

much love to all of you,
L

Old 06-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #18
Hsiaokuo62
Turning the Heel

Promising new study
Hello fibro-friends! I haven't posted in awhile, hope you are all well. I have been involved in helping design a study for a relatively new supplement that has shown promise for age-related cognitive decline and general improvement in well-being. They are now recruiting volunteers with Fibro/chronic fatigue to document its effectiveness in clearing fibro fog and improving energy among other things.

Not sure the rules on this list, so please e-mail me and I will give you info! Its free and you get the supplement for free.

Laura@fibrodiet.net

Old 07-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #19
Hsiaokuo62
Turning the Heel

News!
Hey fellow recovering fibro/chronic fatigue folks,

Wanted to keep you posted on the news- I have updated my website www.fibrodiet.net and would love for you to check it out. Also you can see my blog about fibro/cfs stuff at www.laurawittke.wordpress.com.
There is a link there for the free Prevagen study - its very cool, you get to be part of research to document the effectiveness of this neat supplement, and the supplement is free to you -- its double-blind, so that if you are in the placebo group, at the end they will give you an equal amount of Prevagen to try.

There is nothing to "do" - just sign up, and fill out a weekly online survey about how its working for you. You don't have to go anywhere, or stop taking anything you are already on.

This is not an ad, a sales pitch or anything, just a legitimate study that is recruiting folks with a diagnosis of fibro or chronic fatigue.

Hope you are all well and having a fun summer!
Best,
Laura

Old 07-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #20
MoniDew
Working the Gusset

I just wanted to let you know something you might find useful.

I noticed that, when I went on a gluten free - casein free diet to clear up huge digestive issues, many other issues resolved for me as well. One of which includes joint/muscle pain and inflammation, all over my body.

While you're in the process of developing your fibro diet, please considering doing GFCF as well. I can't tell you how much it helped me!