Old 12-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Raven Fyre
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to Raven Fyre
No time to knit
I couldn't figure out how to do a new thread so I'll just post it here, I wonder if anyone else feels they don't have time to knit?
Personally as a new mom I feel overwhelmed just with taking care of a 2month old boy and keeping up with the laundry. How do you guys that have children find time to knit I've packed all my needles and yarn into a plastic tub and stored it in the basement as I feel I have no time, does anyone have any suggestions or should I leave my hobbie packed up until my son is older?

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,741 Times in 7,113 Posts
I moved it to it's own post. Just click "new thread" to start a new one. It's best not to post in the middle of a different topic.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
bethany
Turning the Heel

First, congrats on new baby! Second, who needs clean laundry?! Give yourself a little more time to get on a good schedule, when baby will take more regular naps and you'll find the time more. For now, nap when baby does. Maybe keep a small project bedside to help lull yourself to sleep--if you need that! Best wishes!

OTN: Old Shale Lace Triangle
OTH: blanket
FO: 3 pairs Pocketbook slippers, Kickline socks, baby cloths, 007 monkey, market bag, Ocean socks, chemo cap, 12 Stitch-It! blankets, 9 Charity Oddball baby blankets

: Bethanyg

bethany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
NC Girl
Ribbing the Cuff

Yes, congrats on the new baby.

I will be watching this thread too because I really don't have time/inclination to knit much anymore. I work three jobs and all three are typing. By the time I'm finished with work, my hands and arms are so tired, that it's all I can do to pick up my knitting needles.
NC Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #5
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Congratulations on the new baby! Hang in there, life does get easier than it is with a 2 month old. I remember everything seemed kind of surreal when my kids were that little. Wait till you are getting decent sleep, and then everything else will seem more possible.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
TEMA
Turning the Heel

When my second child was born, I was a quilter and I soon found out how much I could get done in 2 minutes.
My advice - since knitting is a sure way to sanity - KNIT... make blankets in 2 minute, 10 minute, etc. intervals. I know it will seem useless to you at the time but you'd be surprised how much you get done. Your sanity will be saved and you will have a wonderful project to show for it. Knitting is mobile, you can always put it down when you need to or carry it with you to dr appts. (I did a complete hand-made quilt doing this)
Just don't do anything too fancy! LOL!
TEMA

To Knit or not to Knit, that is the question.
TEMA is offline   Reply With Quote