Old 11-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
cheley
Working the Gusset

Updated..Yee Ha, finally used my "communion" money
Hi everyone...I finally made a "real yarn" purchase...Bought some stuff from Knit Picks today (not a real "major" purchase) but since I rec'd such a nice stash on KH a few months ago, (some Debbie Bliss, Plymouth etc) I am spoiled... Here's the question: I bought some "Imagination" (couldn't resist the names and look of the stuff) anyone use it? What for? How was it? Etc....any feed back would be awesome...Thanks OMG..just got my Knit picks package just onE word...SHWING!!!!

Last edited by cheley : 11-26-2008 at 02:05 PM.
cheley is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

I just went to KP and looked at the Imagination yarn. How yummy! I can imagine socks, gloves, scarves, shawl. Have fun with all your new yarn.
cheley (11-24-2008)
Old 11-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #3
Simply_Renee
Turning the Heel

It is sock yarn- I have some in the Seven Dwarves colorway.

I have balled one hank but otherwise haven't used it yet.

Recently FO- Quinn cabled bag, Evangeline fingerless gloves (2 pairs), Topknot baby hats, pompom & earflap hats, 8 pairs of socks, Baby Folkwear Caftan, Debbie Bliss Baby Shawl (blanket)

I'm SimplyRenee on Ravelry- feel free to add me as a friend & I will do the same!
Simply_Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #4
cheley
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Simply_Renee View Post
It is sock yarn- I have some in the Seven Dwarves colorway.

I have balled one hank but otherwise haven't used it yet.
Yea, I realize it's "sock" yarn, just wondered if anyone made any nice/other stuff with it Thanks
Old 11-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Cheley, what colorway did you get? On ravelry there are some stunningly beautiful lace shawls and scarves/cowls made with imagination yarn, as well as some baby sweaters, hats, mittens, and arm warmers.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:45 PM   #6
cheley
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
Cheley, what colorway did you get? On ravelry there are some stunningly beautiful lace shawls and scarves/cowls made with imagination yarn, as well as some baby sweaters, hats, mittens, and arm warmers.
I ordered Pixie Dust, Seven Dwarves and Ginger Bread...they look divine too!!!!!! But don't have ravelry....I was thinking some lovely baby stuff????
Old 11-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Absolutely! Any pattern that calls for that weight of yarn (or that you can get gauge with that yarn!) is a possibility. I do highly recommend signing up for ravelry, though- SO much information to be found there!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
cheley (11-25-2008)