Old 01-11-2009, 03:28 AM   #101
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
I've never felt so happy about a STASH PROJECT than the seamless stashghan I just finished. It is posted in Whatcha Knitting and in our Jan-KH/KAL...so I won't post it here again.

Every stitch was stash!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-11-2009, 08:45 AM   #102
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
I've never felt so happy about a STASH PROJECT than the seamless stashghan I just finished. It is posted in Whatcha Knitting and in our Jan-KH/KAL...so I won't post it here again.

Every stitch was stash!
I commented there already, but i'll say it again - beautiful!!! And all stash!
I finally started my Ivy League Vest with the yarn that was purchased especially for it! It's slow but sure
KnittingNat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KnittingNat For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (01-11-2009)
Old 01-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #103
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Way to go, Nat!!!

Artlady at Rav
Old 01-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #104
traceleighj
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to traceleighj
ArtLady- your blanket is Beautiful!!!
Sheldon Cooper: It's very simple. Scissors cuts paper. Paper covers rock. Rock crushes lizard. Lizard poisons Spock. Spock smashes scissors. Scissors decapitates lizard. Lizard eats paper. Paper disproves Spock. Spock vaporizes rock. And as it always has, rock crushes scissors.
I'm traceleighj on Ravelry.
traceleighj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to traceleighj For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (01-11-2009)
Old 01-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #105
MAmaDawn
Working the Gusset

I started some socks with stash and next Tuesday I'm starting a Shawl (it's with Christmas yarn, but it's part of my stash now right?)

And I'm going to make a hood out of my Bernat Haven stash... I'm going to make it stripes... not sure how yet since it's different amounts of each... I was thinking random stripes would be pretty, maybe I'll roll a die to see...

And I did get more yarn, one sock yarn that was just too soft not to get and I also got this . I'm the one lot 7 is pending on... he he he! 15.5 of alpaca blends for $60 I couldn't NOT get it... I know not really stash busting... but I sure am looking forward to getting that yarn....

Wife to GooB; Mom to Tori (7) and Belle (4) Jeremiah (2)

MamaDawn there too
My Little Shop
MAmaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #106
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Hi MamaDawn!

Spiffyanne sure had a FABULOUS sale, and what a great way to go about it, in LOTS! Smart gal. I see she's sold just about all the lots in 3 day's time! Cool.

There are a lot of Stashies who alternate stash projects with new yarn projects. Back in the 2007 Year of the Stash days, we called it "reward yarn"! For every stash project you knit up you could purchase a bit of "reward yarn".

The main idea in any Year of the Stash is to be stash-minded...and try to use pre-exisiting yarn as much as you can! Pre-existing yarn = any yarn you had in your possession prior to January 1, 2009.

Artlady at Rav
Old 01-14-2009, 05:55 AM   #107
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

Ok, my report so far !
My Ivy League Vest is coming along nicely. I finished the rib and about to start the main chart. Thank God for Ravelry and the KAL's over there I couldn't figure out the chart - where do i start and where do i end. My Celtic Tote is about to get finished soon. I finished the back and front and am now on the side-bottom-side strip. I finally was able to order the beads i was short of for my Mystery Stole 4, so i hope i'll be able to continue now with no problems. All these are knitted with stash yarn that was initially bought for these projects. I'm also going to start a pair of socks for hubby (we're going to the dentist hehe) with stash Lite Lopi and remnants of stash Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. I'll take a Fair Isle pattern from my Knitting Stitch Bible and incorporate it in the cuff. Wish me luck - it's my first pair of socks with no pattern
Old 01-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #108
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Nat, you have such gorgeous projects planned!

I didn't go with the ziploc bags to store my yarn, but I did squish my yarn into the box and was able to fit quite a bit more than I had originally. Nearly all of my yarn is in there now!

For the stash train, I've decided to go with three simultaneous projects -- one with "new" specially bought yarn, one with "old" stash yarn, and an afghan that I have been crocheting for what seems like half my life.

My plan is to knit for an hour every night, rotating around these three projects, probably about four or five nights a week.

My "new" project is a new scarf for my DS -- I bought the yarn at the LYS last November and after working on it again last night, I am about a quarter of the way done.

My most recent "old" project has been a pinwheel blanket, but it is full of mistakes and I don't like the color, so I'm going to frog it and restart it later with a different yarn. I really liked how it was turning out, mistakes and all, but I'm tired of this ugly yarn and I think I've gotten far enough along that I won't make those mistakes the next time around.

Instead, I'm going to to the January "Stashghan" KAL so that I can use other colors besides that ugly green. Hopefully it uses more green than any other color, but at least I'll have three other colors to swap in for variety.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #109
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Hi Nat! You are doing wonderfully! Such great projects, and a lot of variety! That definitely cuts down on the boredom! Keeps things interesting! I am tempted to add the Celtic Tote to my queue! I added it to my FAVs over at Ravelry so's I can keep track of it! Thanks for all the links! I loves links!

Hi Katie! I know how you feel! I've had the same thing happen on a big project, getting tired of the yarn. Sometimes I think that's what was wrong in the first place...I procrastinated working on the project because the yarn and I didn't get along! I do know this: when I love the feel and look of the yarn I can't wait to pick it up, and I work on it for longer periods of time! You have a good plan: working for a designated period of time each night and rotating the projects! Way to go!

Artlady at Rav
Old 01-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #110
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

sakura-panda, the blanket is really special! So i think you should frog faster and show us the pretty result What is the yarn for the scarf?
I'm trying to rotate my projects too, i like to keep a few going of different kinds - lace, socks and a sweater. So now i have the vest, which is all Fair Isle, the bag, socks i started today and the stole. I try not to get over 3-4 projects, because then i'll just drive myself nuts