Old 12-16-2008, 02:55 AM   #21
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,880 Times in 3,001 Posts
Originally Posted by LilHuskiesFootBallMom View Post
my cotton yarn is now taking up a full drawer in my cart and expanding into my knitting tote (one of those purple rolling carts from joanns). Getting kinda tired of knitting "granny's favorite dishcloth" since i only make them for me.
I heard that!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-17-2008, 09:23 AM   #22
cheekyprincess
Ribbing the Cuff

Grannys dishcloth is so awesome though! ;o) My cotton is a huge drawer full and now is overflowing into the floor! LOL I literally have it still in the bag from the store where I bought it. My DH is havin a cow. haha

http://angiescrazyworld.blogspot.com/

also cheekyprincess on ravelry

my etsy store:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5985433
cheekyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #23
LilHuskiesFootBallMom
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to LilHuskiesFootBallMom Send a message via Yahoo to LilHuskiesFootBallMom
I actually have yarn stashed in pillow cases and told dh that it's odds and ends to sheet sets...

he never looks in them
Old 12-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #24
cheekyprincess
Ribbing the Cuff

WOW, never thought of that one! I might have to give it a try. Cant wait to "destash" and organize in 2009!!!

Originally Posted by LilHuskiesFootBallMom View Post
I actually have yarn stashed in pillow cases and told dh that it's odds and ends to sheet sets...

he never looks in them

my etsy store:

Old 12-19-2008, 11:52 PM   #25
LilHuskiesFootBallMom
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to LilHuskiesFootBallMom Send a message via Yahoo to LilHuskiesFootBallMom
Ya gotta start em off slow. I saw a thing about how it's easier to store sheet sets in one of the pillow cases, tidier and you're never hunting for a full set.... So they'll see you pull out hte pillow case and pull out sheets...

after a couple of months, you take the odds and ends pillow cases and put yarn in them so it looks like sheet sets then put them up high under the "not full sets" deal
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilHuskiesFootBallMom For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (12-20-2008), Karina (12-20-2008)
Old 12-20-2008, 04:26 AM   #26
Karina
Working the Gusset

LHFBM - you are sneaky, I love it. My DH keep saying when I tell him I want yarn for Christmas, that the one thing I don't need is yarn. My ten boxes of yarn and overflowing drawers are driving him crazy. My have to start using them pillowcases to disguise my addition.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #27
LilHuskiesFootBallMom
Turning the Heel

it works

I also remind my dh of the fact that he has a TON of computer parts/superhero things that have taken over the shelves of our basement (and what's supposed to be MY office.. it's getting redecorated after the first of the year and the first thing to go are his super hero things... sunny yellow walls and a pretty darker blue carpet. it's meant to be a sun room so it's going to be full of color since it has 5 windows over the 3 sides not attatched to the house and i have seasonal depression.. plus i need a place to put my tredmill i'll be getting). So given he has a LOT more of his "crud" he can leave mine alone.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:15 PM   #28
mommydearest
1st Leg of the Journey

Sounds like you'll have a great place to knit.

I'm going to plan this log cabin ...ghan into my weekly knitting. I'm going to start with my Christmas colors and work from there. I inherited a lot of red and green from a friend and need to finish that up first. I'll probably work some cotton into the project as well.

I know definitely what I'll be starting as of Jan 1st 2009 and that is my Central Park Hoddie (finally). I like to have a few projects going at the same time so I have to think a bit.

Good Luck with your destashing.

Mary

FO's: Lots of dishcloths, beanies, bandanas, Easy Lace Scarf, Christmas Stockings - mini and regular sizes, Central Park Hoody, Scarf & Hat set, an American Flag Table Runner, Chenille Pillow cover

frogged: Log Cabin Stashghan - I'll try again but in different colors.

I'm jamn2knit @
http://www.ravelry.com/people/jamn2knit
mommydearest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:35 PM   #29
LilHuskiesFootBallMom
Turning the Heel

I'm just going to pull bright colors from my stash (limited as it is). I'm doing the livingroom in the same colors as my office (only difference is the woodwork in the livingroom has a reddish tint to it) so it'll go for one of the rooms....

Unless my 5 cats lay claim to it first!
Old 12-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #30
cheekyprincess
Ribbing the Cuff

Well, I've decided to start my "detashin" early.I taught my niece to knit this summer and she loves it. So I am going to go through my stash and pick out some yarn for her and add it to her Christmas bag. :o) I know it will be loved and hopefully used with her!

my etsy store: