Old 12-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Knitting time limited?
Anyone else feel like they don't get nearly enough time to knit? I host a couple of blogs, belong to MOMS Club, visit our Autism Ctr. weekly, run the munchkin to dance & preschool all week, try and get some cleaning and cooking done.. I feel like I never have time to knit. I'm knitting a bit right now (but at the expense of my housework - shhh, don't tell DH). I knit twice a week for 4 hours total (on average). In that time, I seem to have to re-read the pattern 800 times because I am interrupted 800 times. I'm so frustrated with the lack of knitting!

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
luvmykid28
Turning the Heel

I agree with you. I wish I could have an allotted amount of time everyday to just knit. Kinda like a lunch break, only just knitting. Every time I really get started, i have to stop. I find myself getting up in late at night and knitting while everyone is asleep. But then I'm tired in the morning. When my DH comes in and sees me knitting, he sometimes gives me a look of "is that what you've been doing all day." I have pretty much just been knitting quick and projects, so I can have a feeling of accomplishment. Plus I don't have to reread the pattern so much.

I have three passions:
1. My husband
2. My daughter
3. Knitting
Everything else can wait.
luvmykid28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
I think I need at least 24 MORE hours in every day!

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitpurlgurl For This Useful Post:
Tropicflower24 (12-02-2008)
Old 12-02-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
knitmom
Casting On

I hear you! Finding time to knit with young kids is so hard. Now that my boys are a little older and do some of their activities without me, I can get some knitting done while I'm watching them at swimming or gymnastics. It's still not enough though!
knitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitmom For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (12-02-2008)
Old 12-02-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
McKnitty
Turning the Heel

I often work long hours at the office, so I don't have much time to knit during the week. That leaves my knitting to be done on the weekends; along with housework, grocery shopping, and other chores. I wish I had more time to knit!

TXMcKnitty on Ravelry
McKnitty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to McKnitty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #6
krismorales
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm an early riser (getting earlier and earlier the older I get) and so I usually get at least an hour a day of knitting.. Plus my husband is an avid remote control airplane hobbiest and enjoys building his planes in the evening. So I can easily sit down with my projects without feeling guilty... it's great
krismorales is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krismorales For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (12-02-2008), Tropicflower24 (12-02-2008)
Old 12-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #7
WandaT
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,441 Posts
I never have enough knitting time - and if I do, I'm taking away from other things I should be doing. That being said, my "baby" is 19 and away at college, so I'm sure I have way more time than those of you with little ones. I don't know how much knitting I would've gotten in when my girls were little. Although I've always done some kind of craft, so who knows.

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry
WandaT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WandaT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #8
Tropicflower24
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by krismorales View Post
I'm an early riser (getting earlier and earlier the older I get) and so I usually get at least an hour a day of knitting.. Plus my husband is an avid remote control airplane hobbiest and enjoys building his planes in the evening. So I can easily sit down with my projects without feeling guilty... it's great
So are you telling me when I get married I should look for a remote control airplane hobbiest??!?
Old 12-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #9
bambi
Working the Gusset

I'm in the same boat. I have a little 3 y/o at home and we are busy all day. I get about 30-60 minutes in the afternoon and about 60 minutes in at night. Not enough time!

I am so backed up on my knitting. I wanted to do a sweater for hubby and a dress/sweater set for daughter and a few Christmas gifts but I have no idea how I will get all that done in 23 days!

Bambi
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bambi For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (12-03-2008)
Old 12-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #10
Lisa R.
Turning the Heel

I have 9 kids; the youngest is six. I keep looking at all the comments about people with babies and little ones knitting---and can't imagine how you do it AT ALL!!

I've only had time in the last 2 years to learn. Now my only knitting time is during lessons and rehearsal where I have to drive the older kids, and a little time in the evenings.

I admire any of you younger folks with kiddos who find time to knit a stitch at all. Your time will come with they are older.

I'm Knittermom9 on Ravelry
Lisa R. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa R. For This Useful Post:
knitpurlgurl (12-05-2008)