Old 12-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
underthebelljar
Casting On

Pattern "switched sides" -- how did I do that?
I'm knitting a scarf -- a basic, straightforward pattern on size 8 needles that repeats one knit row and one row K1, P1. It's my first project.

I got about 40 rows in, working away happily, and then I noticed that in my last 6 rows the pattern appears on the "wrong" or opposite side of where I started. I think I've "reversed" my knitting somehow... but I don't know how!?

I'm not unhappy with the result -- it creates a block look that could be nice if repeated throughout the scarf -- but since I don't know what I did I'm pretty sure I'll won't be able to do it again.

Can anyone explain this to me in beginner's language? Is it the way the work is facing when I start a row?

Many thanks!
underthebelljar is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
Mirl56
Instepping Out

It sounds like about 6 rows ago you must have either (a) done 2 knit rows next to each other or (b) done 2 k1, p1 rows next to each other.

You should be able to 'frog' back (un-knit or unravel back) to the point where everything is looking correct and then continue onward with the correct row.

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirl56 For This Useful Post:
underthebelljar (12-15-2008)
Old 12-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
dturner
Turning the Heel

I agree with Mirl. I made a similar mistake on a feather and fan washcloth that I made. If I remember correctly, I knitted three rows instead of two, thus reversing the right and the wrong sides. Instead off frogging, I decided to repeat the same mistake on the other side of the cloth, hoping that it would look like the pattern was written that way! I will try to attach a photo.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3174/...e48420.jpg?v=0
dturner is offline   Reply With Quote