Old 12-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
heidimomeidi
Casting On

How do I do a "long stitch"?
Hi! I'm attempting to make a scarf and the pattern I'm using calls for a long stitch. There are no instructions in the book or even on the internet for how to do a long stitch. All my instructions tell me is to insert my needle 3 rows down and bring the yarn back up but I've never done this before and really need some help! Thanks!

PS is there a video that could show how this stitch is done? I find that it's always easier to learn knitting by sight rather than by words! Thanks again!

Heidi
heidimomeidi is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Marria
Working the Gusset

I've never heard of it being referred to that way, but I think I understand what the pattern is asking for.

Here is an explanation of how to knit in
to the row one stitch below and the concept is basically the same, you're just going to go down two more rows:

http://techknitting.blogspot.com/200...tch-below.html

There's also a video here:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knitting-glossary

Again it shows knitting into one row below, but the concept is the same...just go down two more stitches.

OTN: Dollar and a Half Cardigan, Oddball charity projects, Celia, Trellis
Marria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:59 AM   #3
ThreadsOfDesign
Casting On

Thank you!!!

My pattern called it by that name too in a version of M5 I've never seen before. My lace looks just like the project picture now!
ThreadsOfDesign is offline   Reply With Quote