Old 01-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #121
Karina
Working the Gusset

Woodi - I think you want to start the blue at the same end that you started the Pink so you get the same line of blue/pink on the back from the first switch of colour. if you want the pink stripe to be thinner then knit 2 rows or wider then more than the blue by 2 rows. so when ever you change colour I think you always want the front facing you.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #122
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,739 Times in 7,111 Posts
Originally Posted by Woodi View Post
It's OK, I think I figured it out myself. I must start a new color on the 'right side' which happens to be an odd-numbered row. I knit a few more rows, and got this.
Yep, you got it! Pick up stitches from the right side so you don't get the purl bump color change. Same thing with stockinette btw.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #123
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
I agree!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #124
dibbs
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Karina View Post
Here is a photo of my blanket so far.

Attachment 51552

Trisha - great start to yours. Looks like a traditional quilt square with the red centre. very nice.

Jessica - how far did you get before you stopped. I am using six colours of Caron Simply soft Brites. I am quite surprised how far they go.
Thanks Karina, yup I was trying for the traditional with that red center square. LOL.. Your blanket is fantastic!! I love those bright bold colors in yours and if I was a kid again, I would absolutely love being wrapped in that blanket while coloring pictures, or doing my homework on the floor.
dibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dibbs For This Useful Post:
Karina (01-13-2009)
Old 01-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #125
dibbs
1st Leg of the Journey

"Hi Trisha! Welcome! Your stashghan looks wonderful!
Ya know, I have some additional acrylic I dug up...colors that would not do for the girlie stashgan. Celeste has a brother, Caleb...so I think I might make another stashghan in March or April...and then give the kids their blankies at one time. Otherwise I'm gonna have to give Caleb something else...and I don't know what. He isn't a sweater, hat, scarf, mitten kind of kid. He is too hot and itchy. Like his Dad (my son)!" end quote
-------------------

Thanks so much for the compliment, ArtLady. You know, as a child (boy or girl) I think a blanket from MeMaw would have been a treasure, so I'm sure Caleb will be delighted with a blankie from you. I think little boys like snuggly things, when we as adults really don't think they do. Great plan!
dibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #126
ladyjessica
Knitting the Flap

Here's what I've done so far. I loved the two separate sides of 'Joseph's Blankie of Many Colors' in the Mason Dixon book, so that was my inspiration. It's for my nephew, so I wanted to use blues on one side, for a boy, and fun, bright colors on the other side.

Karina, so far it's about 24" square, and you wouldn't even know that I've used any of the Simply Soft. If I just knit until I run out, I think it'll be a pretty good size. I hope it will be, because I bought the yarn at my local Walmart a year ago, and it has since replace the regular Simply Soft with the Simply Soft Eco.

You can see in the photo that I still have a good bit left on the skein that I'm knitting with right now, and all the rest of them look the same. My goal is to finish and then edge the blanket with the red multi-colored yarn that I used for the first rectangle.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	LogCabin1.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	51563  

OTN: Log Cabin Afghan, Aran Blanket Baby Afghan, Manos del Uruguay afghan;
Future WIP: A sock. Any sock.

My blog: Mincing Around the Dance Floor
ladyjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ladyjessica For This Useful Post:
Karina (01-13-2009)
Old 01-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #127
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Beautiful blanket, Jessica!

Artlady at Rav
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
ladyjessica (01-13-2009)
Old 01-12-2009, 10:08 PM   #128
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,739 Times in 7,111 Posts
Nice blankets!

I am on my third 'square' so it'll take awhile as I'm doing it when I need mindless knitting along with my other knitting.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:56 AM   #129
Firey Vixxen
1st Leg of the Journey

Yay! Everybody's Blankets look soo pretty!
Don't worry Jan, I'm only on my third log too. It's nice and Brainless (and on chunkier needles) which is good for the whole zen process of knitting, but I have some deadline knitting that has to get done... preferably before the deadline passes.
Artlady, there's still alot of January left. wait till you've got your second wind, then maybe start the second blanket.

FV
Old 01-13-2009, 03:42 AM   #130
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

I dragged out an old bag of chunky wool yarn that I've had for a century! I am on log #4...if you can believe that!

I am still using the same log configuration, however, since the yarn is chunky...I really am flying by the seat of my pants about how many ridges for each log! I thought I'd just go with the flow. I'm using a size 11 needle...and the garter stitch looks good. Not too tight, not too holey. The colors are wild...blood red, warm gold, royal blue, plum, cypress green, and light gold. A Jamaican palette of sorts. I bought the yarn eons ago to make a side-to-side pullover from VOGUE...but have since scrapped the idea. Don't know what I was thinking really.

Am 80% done with a wool jacket for DH. Got one sleeve left, plus collar, seaming, and zipper. However, it can wait til March.
I am so tired of working on it. I will finish it in March, I promise. Maybe sooner if this blanket goes fast.

Will work on this 2nd log cabin til the end of January, but after that, I am hosting a SYLVI-KAL here at KH. It is a hooded 3/4 length coat, that is all seed stitch except the BACK...which is an explosion of vines, leaves and flowers from hem to neckline, and even into the back of the hood. Crazy, but cool!

Artlady at Rav