Old 04-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #511
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,739 Times in 7,111 Posts
Originally Posted by chj View Post
I've also thought of making a small matching blanket for my CATS,
Or a blanket that matches your cats so the fur won't show.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #512
chj
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Or a blanket that matches your cats so the fur won't show.
Hee hee! You are right Jan - I just need to do more knitting in ligh colors so the cat hair doesn't show. Those dark solids show every single hair.

Addicted to knitting...
chj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #513
luvmykid28
Turning the Heel

Make 1 for Morgan
Here is a progress picture of my 2nd LC Blanket. It is for a charity project I have started called "Make 1 for Morgan" Here's the link and the picture.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=90729

I have three passions:
1. My husband
2. My daughter
3. Knitting
Everything else can wait.
luvmykid28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #514
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
It is soooo wonderful to read about all the Seamless Blankets still in the works! New ones and old ones! Ya just gotta love the seamless theme!!! Whoohooo!

I love my LOG CABINS. I kept one for myself to take in the truck when we go up to the mountain tops. DH and I tussle over the 'heat dial' in the cab! Sometimes I just give up and COVER UP with a big parka! Now I have a super huge WOOL LOG CABIN for meself!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #515
Firey Vixxen
1st Leg of the Journey

Thank God for Log Cabins! I'm having one of those weeks and I swear this is the only thing keeping me from Killing some of my floormates!
Just to vent:
I left my glasses at home. not my reading glasses, my I-need-to-see-the-other-end-of-the-room glasses. hense I cannot read the lecture slides, and feel quite nervous leaving my room. thus I'm stuck at home where...
I have a floormate whom is playing music rather loudly. unfortunatly, his taste in music tends to suck. do you think some headphones on his doorhandle would be too subtle? And...
I feel guilty about not having started my zoology research project. And...
My computer keeps complaining that there is no room on the harddrive and crashing-I'm not downloading to the harddrive. IT WAS HALF EMPTY TWO WEEKS AGO (I moved my music). And...
I've lost my knitting mojo. I should have finished a little no effort cupcake. I have knitted these previously in one or two afternoons. No, going into week two and picking up this project just seems too hard.
But on the plus side, I've nearly completed my first log of my Bushfire Blanket, and I now know there is over a movie length between colour changes, so this will be able to travel with me once I've gotten my research project out the way. And maybe by then I'll be onto the big logs-I reckon I'll be able to see 3 movies no probs before a colour change
FV
Old 04-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #516
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Sorry about your floormates FV! I've had similar experiences with my housemates over the last year. All someone has to do is mention Hollyoaks and I get annoyed.

My log cabin is the only thing getting me through revision at the moment - I get so bored listening back to the lectures and reading through the notes that knitting while I do it helps me focus.

I've started another one, the Moderne Baby Blanket. My aunt is expecting her third baby in June so I've put my big one on one side to work on it. I'm on log 4, about 10 ridges in. Its very therapeutic I must say. Having nice easy knitting projects to go back to when my brain refuses to take anything else in is very soothing.

All the blankets so far look gorgeous

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
Firey Vixxen (04-22-2009)
Old 04-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #517
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

FV~
Although your days are crapola right now, you haven't lost you sense of humor! Big Hug!

rach~ Log Cabins are the best blanket concept! They might not be "beeeeauuuutiful" like the GAAA...but they are HANDSOME!
And sturdy! And dependable!

Artlady at Rav
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
Firey Vixxen (04-22-2009)
Old 04-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #518
Woodi
Turning the Heel

Well it looks like you started a real fad here, artlady!

My third blankey is coming along ok.....made a few design booboos, but didn't frog out. It will have to do. I'm sure you could pick them out, but lucky recipient won't likely notice. Here it is today:

Woodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #519
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Woodi! This blanket is coming along wonderfully! I really do love the colors and the arrangements! Good job! Now, where'd ya find the sun? I wanna get me some, too!

Artlady at Rav
Old 04-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #520
Woodi
Turning the Heel

Sun is shining here today, and it's getting up into the 70's tomorrow - yippee! (not expected to last, but it's a promise of things to come...)

Did you notice that on some areas I seem to have two 'box ends' together, before adding the next color?....dang! I may yet have to make a 4th blanket to get it right. It bugs me that I cannot seem to follow the pattern. Maybe it's cuz I knit at 3AM, or while watching TV, or in the car, or.....

and luvmykid: how do you get your stitches so smooth and even? Is there a trick to it?.....or do I need to practice a few hundred more hours.....
Woodi is offline   Reply With Quote