Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #531
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

I'm also still on my first blanket, exams keep interfering with my knitting time! The second one is marginally more pressing as baby cousin is due right after I finish exams but I haven't told my aunt about it so it won't matter that it is absolutely not going to be finished before baby is born and probs not before winter at this rate.

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #532
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

I really am not alone! I've been joking that I'm doing a log a month and I'm right on track for that.

Here is my "Log 3 complete" photo, with 3/4 of Log 4 done , taken March 27:

I didn't get a chance to take one for Log 4 before I finished Log 5.

Here is Log 5 (and the start of Log 6) taken a few minutes ago:

Would you believe I chose this project specifically to use up that awful green? (By the pattern, I'll be using a lot more green soon; it's just funny to see that so far I've used green the least.)
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #533
luvmykid28
Turning the Heel

SK - Your blanket is looking great. It is funny about the green. Can't wait to see more. Way to go...

I have three passions:
1. My husband
2. My daughter
3. Knitting
Everything else can wait.
luvmykid28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #534
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
It looks FANTABULOUS! Your stitches look so nice and even, too!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:08 AM   #535
Firey Vixxen
1st Leg of the Journey

Hey, I thought I should show off my Bushfire LC. this one is alot more annoying to knit then the blue one (why, I don't know. just one of those things I guess.).
I'm up to the long sides, and timed myself so I'd know roughly how long it'd take to get to the first colour change. it's half an hour to 2 rows. 13 garter bumps-3, 3 and a half hours. Hmm, that seems a little short. Can anyone else pick up where I went wrong?
That's right, there are two rows to every garter bump. the moral of this story: I cannot do basic math.
PS: That means I have approxinately 6 and a half hours until the first colour change.
PPS: the green-nowhere near as radioactive in real-life
FV
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bushfire LCsmall.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	52726  
Old 05-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #536
Woodi
Turning the Heel

sakura-panda: the turquoise you don't like is my favorite color! I painted my bedroom with it. My son and his wife think it's awful, but I still love it.....reminds me of being at Lake Louise in Banff, Alberta, Canada. The water IS that color.

rachem: good luck with the baby birthing! Hope you get the blankey finished in time. Are exams over yet?

FV: always find your knitting intriguing. Love the squares, the colors.
Woodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #537
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
WOW! What a wonderful collection of colors! I love them together!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #538
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Unfortunately still revising for exams, they finish May 30th. Fancy having exams on Saturdays! I'm revising currently for an exam on Friday (22nd) that I am beginning to worry about because I have realised I have no hope of remembering all of the information - I'm just gonna concentrate on a few topics that I understand knowing that there is a lot of choice for the essay question so something I can do should come up.

Blankey is growing, slowly, I'm on log 7. Pics will follow, probs after exams and when I figure out where I left my camera.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #539
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

I finished log 6 and now I've started the gigantic log 7 and I'm happy because I'm finally starting to use some more of that green.

Originally Posted by Woodi View Post
sakura-panda: the turquoise you don't like is my favorite color! I painted my bedroom with it. My son and his wife think it's awful, but I still love it.....reminds me of being at Lake Louise in Banff, Alberta, Canada. The water IS that color.

When I'm finished with the blanket, I can send you whatever is left over. (If you can wait until I'm finished, that is. Four months and I've only just started log 7! )

It's more of a green than a turquoise. The color is "Mint" and it's Red Heart Super Saver:

(There are two full skeins and two partial skeins, plus several balls that I didn't include in the picture. I expect that when the blanket is finished, I will not have even touched these skeins!)

However, it's RHSS and I know a lot of people don't like to work with it, so I won't feel bad if you don't want it, but you are welcome to it if you want it!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:47 PM   #540
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Hi all!

I have not finished either blanket yet but I finish exams on Saturday so perhaps by the end of June I'll have at least one finished blanket. I have updated my blog and added a picture of the baby blanket. I find it easier to put pictures on there than to upload them here. My blog link is in my sig if you want to look. I will check in a minute and make sure the link actually works.

And now it is probably time I went to bed.