Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #601
Woodi
Turning the Heel

Well, I hate to admit this, but I have to confess: I crocheted that last crazy brown log that way on purpose, to make the entire square look squarish.....kwim?
Cuz otherwise, it will be some other geometric figure.

but I do agree with you now....I will frog it and see what I can do....even if I just make it all one color on all the outside four sides. Gotta finish it....unfinished things create strange dreams in the night.
Woodi is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #602
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Originally Posted by Woodi View Post
Well, I hate to admit this, but I have to confess: I crocheted that last crazy brown log that way on purpose, to make the entire square look squarish.....kwim?
Cuz otherwise, it will be some other geometric figure.

but I do agree with you now....I will frog it and see what I can do....even if I just make it all one color on all the outside four sides. Gotta finish it....unfinished things create strange dreams in the night.
This blanket is definitely not an ugly throw-away blanket! It's well worth the effort to fix and finish. I love the colors! Very organic and earthy! Appealing!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #603
Woodi
Turning the Heel

I like the colors too, Artlady. I guess this is also why I haven't thrown it away yet. I tried it as a lap blanket, but it's just too small yet. I use lap blankets a lot - in the car, at meditation in the cold hall at monastery...)
Woodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #604
becky77340
Ribbing the Cuff

Starting LC for knitting therapy
Hi all,

Ok I went stash diving today and found 2 different color schemes. I am going witih a Red Heart veriegated 2 diferernt shades of rose and a sage with cream. Then I have the differnet solids. I am going to do a traditional Lc so no counting cause this is to work as my therapy to keep me from going crazy. Makes great TV and movie knitting. Plus the company of my 2 four legged babies to keep me company. I am going to rely on yall to keep me on track and any good company will be welcome.

Becky
becky77340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #605
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Hi Becky!

Glad to have you here! Why don't you take a digital photo of the yarns you have lined up...and post them here...so we can all see your colors! I'd be happy to make some recommendations as to color placement! I love noodling around with colors!

Hugs,

Artlady

Artlady at Rav
Old 02-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #606
becky77340
Ribbing the Cuff

Pics of yarns
I have taken pics of the yarns but are now stuck in the digital camara.
I need to get a multi card reader. Am going to Wal Mart tonight will pick one up then. Can't wait to show yall

Becky
becky77340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #607
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Thread bump!

I started this blanket a couple of weeks before YDS was born and he's 26 months old now.

Latest completed log:

I'm working on the last log now; it took me two tries to get it started since the first time I started the yarn from the wrong side and didn't realize it until I started to knit on it and saw all the colored bumps on the right side!

I haven't decided what to do about the border -- the pattern suggests the tan, which is the yarn I have the least left over (and not enough for the border, although I should be able to buy more.) I started this blanket as a way to use up the teal green, and I still have three or four skeins of it left! I don't think it would make a good border because of the teal block on the left and bottom sides.

At the rate I knit, it will be a few months before I have to worry about it.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #608
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Another Seamless Blanket pattern to add!
There is another seamless blanket pattern to add to our KAL!

It's the Mitered Crosses Blanket!

You can also modify it to a Mitered Squares Blanket, as I have done, as seen by this Square #1.
The mitered square is "framed" on all 4 sides by traditional log cabin technique.

When all "squares" have been knit, there is a seamless technique to bind them all together: the 3-needle bind off, or in this case...the 3-needle bind-together!

This square is worked with Noro Silk Garden, color 208.
It is greens, teals, greys, charcoals.

Click here to view a Mitered Crosses Blanket.

BTW:

The designer will donate all proceeds from the sale of downloads of this pattern to Mercy Corps (http://www.mercycorps.org/). In 2011, these donations will be designated for Japan earthquake/tsunami relief, and thereafter to support Mercy Corps’ relief work.

July 12, 2011: Total of $16,000 donated to Mercy Corps so far!

THAT is a lot of $5 pdf's!

The designer is Kay Gardiner, one of our beloved Mason-Dixon authoresses!

NOTE: I have the Noro neutrals in sufficient quantity for the warm and sandy colored borders, and my Noro warm shades (for the center squares or crosses) is on its way to my home from WEBS. So I will do a traditional Mitered Crosses Blanket soon. I've read that the Mitered Crosses (or, Squares) are a very portable project for summer vacation, and commuting to work (as long as you're not the driver!)

There have lots of Noro substitutions used by the Mitered Crosses knitters, with great results...so don't feel that Noro is the only good yarn to use!

Click here to view the Mitered Crosses projects page! To date, there are 518 blankets worked! I didn't do a scientific count, but I'd say that most of the projects used other yarn than Noro.

I'm using Noro Kureyon instead of Silk Garden. I couldn't find any Silk Garden neutral (#269), but even if I could...Kureyon is much less expensive when multiplied over many skeins. And whereas Silk Garden is softer, IMO Kureyon is perfectly good for a blanket.

I am going to wash, rinse/soften and block all of my squares before doing the 3-needle bind-together to join them all into a blanket.

Click here to view the Mitered Crosses Group for this blanket. Lots of helpful tips and support.

Hope you like this project! It can be started and completed rather quickly, but you can easily work on it at your leisure.

Artlady at Rav
Old 07-31-2011, 10:18 PM   #609
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

That is a beautiful square!

I am almost finished bumping this thread. The last log is complete and I have started the border. The color combination is growing on me.

I'm using the tan/buff for the border.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #610
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Yay! You are making progress! In time for Fall/Winter 2011/2012!

Artlady at Rav