Old 01-02-2009, 02:00 AM   #1
ANichols
Casting On

Sock DPN knitting in the round question
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and I have a sock question. I'm knitting socks on DPNs in the round and I just finished the ribbing top. Now I'm just knitting to make the stockinette stitch body, except when I switched to just plain knitting, the bumps are on the outside and the stockinette part is on the inside. I have only knitted worsted weight socks before, this is my first pair of fingering weight socks. I tried baby socks before and the same thing happened so I gave up. But I don't want to give up this time. I'm visiting relatives in Idaho, so I am nowhere near my LYS where I would normally go for help. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!!
Annamarie
ANichols is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ANichols For This Useful Post:
RuthieinMaryland (01-02-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-02-2009, 02:11 AM   #2
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Hi Annamarie, and welcome to Knitting Help. You sure came to the right place, because some others will come behind me to help answer your question.

My first guess is that you just need to push the sock through itself, then you'll be knitting on the right side. I think all sock newbies do this, I sure did.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Debkcs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #3
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Not just sock knitters, but many who just learned to knit in the round. You're knitting with the tips away from you - flip the sock inside out and knit with them toward you. If your needles were a cup, you'd drink where the needle tips are.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post: