Old 01-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
joknit
Casting On

Any knitters in Indiana
joknit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joknit For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (01-07-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
yarncharmer
Knitting the Flap

Hi Joknit,
I'm in Bloomington.
yarncharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
mork75
Casting On

What small town? I'm from Valparaiso, but live in Illinois now. I do from time to time come to visit mom and dad.
mork75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
Indygirl

Hello, I'm in Bloomington also. We now have two nice LYS here
Old 01-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
yarncharmer
Knitting the Flap

Hi Indygirl! Yes, we do have two nice LYS here! Have you taken classes at either of them? I just learned to knit this fall, at a class through Parks and Rec. It was a great class. I had tried, and failed, to teach myself to knit from books before. I'm trying to teach myself how to knit a sock at the moment, and had heard good things about some of the sock classes at Yarns Unlimited.

It's fun to find someone else in Bloomington
The Following User Says Thank You to yarncharmer For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (01-07-2009)
Old 01-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #6
Indygirl

Hi Yarncharmer, Yes I have taken classes at yarns Unlimited. I made my first pair of socks at that shop :-) I go to both shops often.
I'm not knitting at this time, health reasons. Hopefully I will be going back soon. I have been going to an open knit class on thur.night at 'In A Yarn Basket' They will help you with whatever you are knitting. It's great people and great fun. I have gone to Mon. night open classes at 'Yarns Unlimited' great fun also.
Not sure just when I will be going back, you should give it a try sometime.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
yarncharmer (01-07-2009)
Old 01-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #7
yarncharmer
Knitting the Flap

They are really nice in In a Yarn Basket - I bought some needles there recently, and the woman said to come in anytime if I had trouble with the sweater I'm working on, even though I didn't get the yarn there. I'm working on the Kyoto Pullover from Knitty; I was getting bored with all that double moss stitch, and thought a sock would be an interesting diversion, but it's just frustrating. I was trying to do the 'class sock' from the sensational socks book. I don't know if it's because the sock is so small, but I feel kind of Edward Scissorhands-y with all those dpns poking everywhere. Maybe I need to try a normal sized sock, or get some circular needles, or something.

I hope your health problems are resolved soon; be sure to let me know if you go to the Monday or Thursday knit night - it would be fun to meet you.
Indygirl (01-07-2009)
Old 01-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
Indygirl

Originally Posted by yarncharmer View Post
They are really nice in In a Yarn Basket - I bought some needles there recently, and the woman said to come in anytime if I had trouble with the sweater I'm working on, even though I didn't get the yarn there. I'm working on the Kyoto Pullover from Knitty; I was getting bored with all that double moss stitch, and thought a sock would be an interesting diversion, but it's just frustrating. I was trying to do the 'class sock' from the sensational socks book. I don't know if it's because the sock is so small, but I feel kind of Edward Scissorhands-y with all those dpns poking everywhere. Maybe I need to try a normal sized sock, or get some circular needles, or something.

I hope your health problems are resolved soon; be sure to let me know if you go to the Monday or Thursday knit night - it would be fun to meet you.
Yes it would be fun to meet. I will let you know the next time I go. We have a lot of sock knitter's in the group. I love socks. I have enough sock yarn to last me the rest of my life if I live 50 more years
I will P.m. you when I get to go next.
Happy knitting
Old 01-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
yarncharmer
Knitting the Flap

Well, I'm hoping I can get the sock thing down. I've already got yarn for 6 pairs of socks, and I haven't even made a single sock in my life. What's wrong with me? Let me know when you plan to go again...

And Joknit, where did you go? Are you anywhere near Bloomington? Hope you find some local knitters....
Indygirl (01-08-2009)
Old 01-21-2009, 09:38 PM   #10
Loopie
Casting On

Hi. I'm also in Bloomington.

There is supposed to me a sock knitting group meeting at Barnes & Noble once a month. Have you heard anything about that? I have also heard about another knitting group that also meets at Barnes & Noble on a different day. Keep thinking about dropping by during one of their sessions to check them out.

Very happy to have a second yarn store in town. In A Yarn Basket is a great shop. Good selection and nice staff.
Loopie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loopie For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (01-21-2009)