Old 03-16-2010, 01:49 AM   #141
lucasviking
Casting On

Greenwood-Bargersville-Whiteland Area
Anyone out there in my area?
lucasviking is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-11-2010, 12:52 AM   #142
Gertie
Knitting the Flap

How is everyone? Enjoying lovely spring weather? We sure are down in SW Ind.

Our son graduates from Vincennes Univ next month. Anyone else having a graduate or graduating?

I'm still on DDs boyfr's scarf. Hopefully, I'll be done soon. My eyes just can't handle working on it long stretches. It's 12in wide & he wants it 6ft long. All black.

What's everyone else ?
Gertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #143
nonny2t
Instepping Out

I looked through the thread and see we have no South Benders here. Ok, so I don't live in Indiana anymore, we can't take the winter weather and live in Memphis, TN, but let's face it, Indiana is my home.
I grew up in a "mayberry like" town called North Liberty, about 20 miles south of South Bend. My son and dil and grandson live about 4 blocks from Notre Dame and my sister and her kids all live in the area there too.
I miss South Bend and the area very much but the winters just got to be too much for my husband and I. We still get at least one snowstorm in Memphis every year, but nothing like those lake effect jobs in South Bend.
When I go to visit, I go to Ericas there in South Bend. She is kind of pricey, but I used to cross stitch and always bought my stuff in her shop so always try to peek in when I am up there.
I have to say honestly though that I am an online kind of gal. I use knitpicks a huge amount as I really like their stuff.

Anyway, just wanted the South Bend area to be heard from! PS: Just to make you gals envious, it has been in the upper 70's and 80's for several weeks here! lol
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #144
Gertie
Knitting the Flap

Hi, nonny2t! Glad to hear from another Hoosier. Our pastor is from Kentucky. He says that Kentuckians who move to Indiana are called missionaries. Is that what you are down there?

Being way down in Evansville, I always have a hard time grasping that your area is called South Bend. Hope all is well down in Memphis.

I'm making charity dish cloths. Whatcha ?
Gertie is offline   Reply With Quote