Old 01-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #11
Indygirl

Loopie, Did you go to the charity knitting get together on Monday at 'Yarns Unlimited'? They had a great turn out. It was out in the middle of the downtown mall. I will be going to the thur. night knitting at 'In A Yarn Basket' this week. I don't knit much, but I enjoy spending time with other knitters. I have started to knit just a little now. I have had a medical problem that has kept me from knitting for a while now.
I don't know anything about the sock group at Barns & Noble. If I knew when they met I might stop by and check that out too.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Loopie (01-23-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-22-2009, 04:36 PM   #12
yarncharmer
Knitting the Flap

Hiya Loopie! I know there is a group that meets at Barnes and Noble one Tuesday night a month. I think it's the 3rd Tuesday, but I'm not sure-- There's also a group that meets at the Bakehouse (East 3rd St) on Sundays from 2 to 4. I've never been to either, but I keep meaning to try to get to the Sunday one. And I thought that In A Yarn Basket also has a lunchtime knitchat one afternoon a week, but I just went to look at their website and can't find that now, so maybe it's been discontinued, or maybe I dreamed the whole thing up.

It's fun to 'see' another Bloomington knitter!
yarncharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #13
yarncharmer
Knitting the Flap

Indygirl and Loopie, It looks like the Barnes and Noble group meets the last Tuesday of every month at 7:30 and there is also a group that meets at the Monroe Co. Public Library every Tuesday at the lunch hour near the North/Back wall. hmmm... so many possibilities!

I can't plan to be able to go to the Thursday nite group at IAYB, (as in I probably wouldn't know if I could go to that one or not until the last minute) but could potentially go to the Tues night one at B&N, but I couldn't get there until 8ish. I could also go to the lunch one at the library; maybe we could all plan to go to one and meet sometime....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yarncharmer For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (01-22-2009), Loopie (01-23-2009)
Old 01-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #14
Indygirl

Yarncharmer, Any of those sounds good to me. I am not working at all now. I can do about any of it. I do go to the IAYB on thur.night some, not every week. I did the charity knitting at yarns unlimited this past monday. Let me know where and when & I'll try to make it.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Loopie (01-23-2009)
Old 01-23-2009, 12:53 AM   #15
Loopie
Casting On

I didn't know about the charity knitting event, Indygirl. I might have considered going had I known.

The Barnes & Noble site shows the next sock night on Feb. 9. at 7.

Just saw that Michaels has sock yarn on sale this week. I'll have to go check it out tomorrow or Saturday if I get a chance.
Loopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:55 AM   #16
Loopie
Casting On

I wasn't aware of the group meeting at the library, yarncharmer. That is something that I could more easily get to than the evening groups (at least during the school year). I'm going to try and get there on Tuesday and take a peek.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:24 AM   #17
Gertie
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by yarncharmer View Post
I was trying to do the 'class sock' from the sensational socks book.
I like the SKS book. It's how I learned. I urge you to check out their errata page:

http://www.martingale-pub.com/store/...ID=56&CDpath=2

The amount of errors are alarming, but still I like the book. Hopefully your edition will have many of the corrections made.

BTW - I'm down in Evansville.

Have fun.
Gertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #18
yarncharmer
Knitting the Flap

Indygirl and Loopie, I think I'll try to go to the library one next Tue,too. And since next Tues is the last one of the month, I may try to get to the B & N one, also, though I won't be there until 8 or so.

Gertie, I will have to look at that errata page more closely. There are an astounding # of errors, but I guess if you just take it one pattern at a time it's not so bad, hopefully. I grew up in Vincennes, and Evansville was the place to go when I was in high school-- the mall, and Godfather's pizza after basketball games... good times! Are there any good yarn shops in E'ville?
The Following User Says Thank You to yarncharmer For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (01-23-2009)
Old 01-23-2009, 11:30 PM   #19
Gertie
Knitting the Flap

Oh yes. We have:

KnitWitts Yarn Shoppe http://www.knitwittsyarnshoppe.com/

Four Ladies Needle Art http://www.fourladiesneedleart.com/
(The four ladies aren't the owners. They're the young daughters.)

In Newburgh, The Village Knitter http://www.thevillageknitter.com/index.htm

Across the river in Henderson, Yarn Along http://www.yarnalong.com/
I've not been to Yarn Along. I hope to this weekend.

I've been to the others. They're good.

Our son is going to Vincennes Univ. Comes home on weekends.
Gertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #20
Loopie
Casting On

I finally made my way to Michael's today and the sale items I was interested in were slim pickings. I couldn' t find any of the sock yarn and there were a lot of empty shelves. That will teach me to not wait until the last day of a sale in the future!