Old 01-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #21
Indygirl

Originally Posted by Loopie View Post
I finally made my way to Michael's today and the sale items I was interested in were slim pickings. I couldn' t find any of the sock yarn and there were a lot of empty shelves. That will teach me to not wait until the last day of a sale in the future!
Loopie, I haven't been to Michael's in a very long time. I can't stay out of the yarn shops long enough.. Tee Hee

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #22
yarncharmer
Knitting the Flap

Gertie, I'll have to check out some of those shops next time I'm in Vincennes for a few days. I can bring my mom along -- she's a crocheter, so it should be fun for her too. That's cool that your son goes to VU -- small world.

Indygirl and Loopie, I will definitely go to the library this Tuesday. I'm not sure about the Tuesday night at this point -- seems like something always comes up, but I may stand my ground and say I'm going anyway -- it only happens once a month, after all, and I usually think of it right after it's happened, and then have to wait for a whole new month to roll around...

ETA: I haven't been in Michael's since they were cleared out at their post-holiday sale. I wonder if they have a lot of new stuff in stock - sounds like they were pretty picked over for you, Loopie. I did get some sock yarn there around Thanksgiving - enough for 5 pairs - and I have yet to complete a single sock... what can I say? it was a good deal....

Last edited by yarncharmer : 01-25-2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: more to say :)
yarncharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yarncharmer For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (01-25-2009)
Old 01-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #23
Indygirl

Loopie, I will look for you at the library on tue. at lunch time. I'm going to 'Yarns Unlimited' tomorrow just to knit for a while around lunch time also.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #24
Loopie
Casting On

I'm going to do my best to go to the library on Tuesday. I would very much like to check out the sock group in the evening, but I doubt I will be able.

I used to knit socks top-down, but recently started to knit them toe-up. I decided that I prefer the latter. Now I have to work on fit. I have made 3 or 4 single socks over the last week or two and pulled each of them apart because I wasn't satisfied. I'm taking a break from that at the moment to knit some quick gloves and hats. At least those are being completed!

Hope to meet you both on Tuesday.
Loopie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loopie For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (01-25-2009)
Old 01-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #25
Indygirl

I have been trying to knit some. My arm's and shoulder's still hurt a lot when I knit. I'm just getting use to the pain I guess. I can't knit for very long of time. I have to knit for about 1/2 hr. then rest my arms for a while. I haven't knit for more than 2 hr's a day since my problem occurred. I just started back knitting about a week ago.
I still want to join the other knitters and maybe help out if I'm needed. I will see one or both of you tue.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #26
Indygirl

I hope we don't get the snow they are talking about tomorrow.
I just live about 3 miles from the library. If it doesn't get to bad out, I can still go tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #27
yarncharmer
Knitting the Flap

I was just looking at the weather channel online for Bloomington - supposedly we're going to get a lot of snow-- which I would like in a way, since we haven't had much yet this winter. But I'll be a little bummed if it keeps me home all day tomorrow. Indygirl, did you go to Yarns Unlmtd today and knit? Do people just go there and knit at lunchtime? I've only been in that shop once, and there wasn't anyone there at the time, but it was midafternoon. If we get snowed out (or snowed in) tomorrow, there's always next week....
Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #28
Loopie
Casting On

Count me out tomorrow if there is a significant amount of snow. I was just outside a few minutes ago and the most recent stuff coming down is not the light and fluffy snow like we had last night. This new snow is heavier and wetter. Does not bode well. Haven't had the snow blower out yet this year but I have a feeling I'll be making use of it tomorrow.

Just bound off a hat. Good time to start another project.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:47 PM   #29
yarncharmer
Knitting the Flap

Loopie, heavier and wetter as in good snow man snow? That'd be good
Old 01-26-2009, 11:26 PM   #30
Loopie
Casting On

It would certainly be good for the area kids, yarncharmer. They have been shortchanged (shortsnowed?) so far this year. Have to admit I miss it myself!