As I wait for the online yarn to come in the mail, I found out my niece is expecting her first baby.
Therefor I rushed right out to my LYS and bot enough yarn to make this pattern that I found in a book from the library.
The book is called - KNITTING FOR TWO by Erika Knight and is full of knitting for new moms, their babies and expecting moms as well.
I found this really easy pattern.
Basically, the Pompom Papoose is CO 80 sts with yarn A and knit 360 rows... I've just knit row # 100 tonight and feel hyped!
Once the desired amount of rows are done, then comes the folding and sewing and and then a contrast colour to outline it with a pompom on top.
I'm doing it in a pastel varigated yarn for the body of the thing with a darker varigated yarn for the pompom and the trim.
She's only just found out so I'm sure I have lots of time to get this done.
Hmmmmm.... well, the colours have shown up in the photo much more strongly than they actually look in person. There isn't really that much of a difference between the colours... it's lovely and pastel.
I've been knitting and knitting this thing and it has struck me that the 'wrong' side looks better than the 'right' side. It's just that the purl side seems to make the change of colour of the varigated yarn come out more staggered and therefore, not so firm a definition between the light and dark.
Is it possible that I can use the wrong side as the right side if I want to?
Just a thought....
Just reporting in....
Still knitting. I've done 175 rows now... almost halfway there.
It seems like an eternity but I have to remind myself how much better and faster my knitting is getting because of my constant knitting...
Thank goodness for t.v. and football games. Hubby loves to watch these and I knit... It's great!
Have now done 225 rows... only 135 rows to go... oh, goody!
Not to worry, this too shall pass... I can't believe how fast I'm beginning to knit. I'm even holding my yarn differently.
The beast is finished! Hooooorrrrraaaay!
I got the whole thing finished the other day, blocked it on my bed, sewed the sack together, then the hood got sewn down the middle... then a new colour was added around the 'hole' area to bring out baby's face.
I think it looks pretty good... I learned something about sewing things together with my last piece and sewed this one differently. Hubby likes it.
The only problem, I see, is the trim is a bit more pink than I thought it was and I have no idea if she is expecting a boy or a girl... Oh, well... LOL!
I'll post a pic in a few minutes.