Old 01-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
McKnitty
Turning the Heel

House of White Birches
I just bought "Knit On Down" (124025) by House of White Birches. I'm trying to find a website to check for errata, but I'm not having any luck.

Do you know where I can get this info? I tried whitebirches.com, and I also tried DRGbooks.com, but the book is not listed there. Could that possibly mean there are no errors? I have a hard time believing an entire book is error-free!

This is my first House of White Birches book, so I hope I haven't made a huge mistake.

TXMcKnitty on Ravelry
McKnitty is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,797 Times in 7,157 Posts
If it's a new book they may not have any errata up yet. I don't think I've seen a book w/o some errata so...

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
McKnitty (01-19-2009)
Old 01-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Mirl56
Instepping Out

I have that book - I'm about half way thru Oh Baby Chevron. Haven't had any problems with this sweater. Haven't found any errata, but I haven't looked, either.

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirl56 For This Useful Post:
McKnitty (01-19-2009)
Old 01-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
McKnitty
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Mirl56 View Post
I have that book - I'm about half way thru Oh Baby Chevron. Haven't had any problems with this sweater. Haven't found any errata, but I haven't looked, either.
I really like that sweater! It is so pretty! Please let me know how yours turns out. I'd love to see it and hear about your experience. Is this your first top-down project?

I have such high hopes for this book. It has many projects that I like. It even has top-down versions of some charity projects patterns (a bear for Mother Bear project, a sweater for Knit for Kids project, chemocaps, etc.).

TXMcKnitty on Ravelry
Old 01-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
Mirl56
Instepping Out

I've never done a top down sweater before, this is my first. I'm really enjoying it. Several times I've put it on a reeeeallly long needle (thanks to Densie interchangable set) so I could try it on.

I agree, there are several projects in the book I'd like to do. Thinking about the wrap sweater soon. others too. This book has definitely turned me into a top-down convert.

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirl56 For This Useful Post:
McKnitty (01-19-2009)
Old 01-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
McKnitty
Turning the Heel

Thanks, Marilyn. Now I'm really excited! I haven't tried a top-down pattern before, and I really want to try a toe-up sock pattern too. I have some other projects I need to finish first, but this book has inspired me.

I just hope there aren't any errors in the patterns because I don't think I'm experienced enough to spot errors without being forewarned.

TXMcKnitty on Ravelry
Old 01-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

I'm currently working on a top down Henley style top. I'm just winging it and am so grateful for my Harmony's. When I got my set of interchangeables I looked at the end caps and thought I'll never use these, but they have come in so handy. I'm knitting part of the round onto a second cable with one needle and one cap and then when I have them spread out enough I cap the other ends and try on. I don't have to worry about any stitches slipping off the ends of the needles.
McKnitty (01-20-2009)
Old 12-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
ynotknit
Casting On

Crochet Jacket wraps and more possible errors
I am wondering if anyone has had any problems crocheting the Seaside Scallops Reversible Bag pattern from House of white Birches publication.

The biggest error I think is when it tells you to turn after the first row is crochet when it is obvious that you have to join in the round. some grief and ripping was in place till I revised it. My other big problem seems to be that the side panels don't look right, one has two double crochet separated by a chain one then the shell and on the other side of it looks like two double crochets and a single crochet, and sometimes it tells you to double crochet it. Very confused because I think it should look the same. My other problem is it says to use fine sport weight cotton with a size C. The yarn looks way heavier than sport so unsure if this is going to look like the picture.

If anyone has crochet this pattern let me know what you did? Maybe the directions are right and it is just me. I would also love to see any pictures and any yarn suggestions.

Thanks, Colleen
ynotknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #9
newamy
Working the Gusset

I have that book and made my daughter the girls sweater they show in red. The pattern was fine although I had to adjust the sizing a bit but that may have been my yarn and gauge. I had to knit the neckline about 2 sizes smaller then go up in size around the chest. But top down knitting makes that pretty easy.

I'm newamy on
newamy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to newamy For This Useful Post:
ynotknit (12-26-2010)
Old 12-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #10
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Website for errata

http://www.drgbooks.com/revisions.php?id=79

Seven updates listed.

cacunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
melmac51 (01-03-2011), ynotknit (12-26-2010)