Originally Posted by GinnyG
DEFINATELY frogging the cuffs and going with the seed stitch verson. I like the look much better.
GinnyG~ You are fortunate to be making the seed stitch version from the get-go. When you make the seed st version from scratch: cast on 41 st with a US13 needle, using nice snug cast on. Join in the round, knit Round 1 with the US11 needle. Knit for 16 rounds. On round 17, decrease down to 39 stitches...and work 16 more rounds. (I binded off with the US13, and it gives the edge more room to breathe. Not tight or choked looking)
FYI: The first 16 rounds need those extra stitches cuz those rounds will be the 'folded up' part of the cuff. The fold-up 'public' part of the cuff should be a bit bigger around. BTW: whatever number you cast on, it has to be an odd number for the seed stitch to be right at the stitch marker. Been there, done that wrong
the first time!
Then you will be ready to begin your sleeve as per pattern with the 39 stitches you'd have 'picked up'. Be sure to put a temp row marker where the cuff ends and the sleeve begins. Use a diff color than you'll use to mark rows in the sleeve.
Here are my new cuffs! Hippee. I have two sleeves that will fit! And the buttons will be on the outside by my wristbone!
Here is a side view on me (in my pj's still
Sorry this one is blurry, but the point is served:
Last night, I tried 'pinching' the stitches through both thicknesses...but I didn't like it. This yarn is too fat for that.
"Help! I'm being strangled to death!"
I don't know what she did to secure her cuff buttons into place,
but she also used a diff yarn than me.
Maybe she pinched through all 4 thicknesses, but if so...I'm
thinking she might have done it real loose, leaving a long
thread through all the 4 thicknesses. Not cinching up like I
did in my trial.
Anyway, her SYLVI is beautiful, and she looks ADORABLE!
A real doll!