Old 01-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
kwynf
Casting On

knit front and back of stitch
Hi, I am a beginner knitter and attempting to make a potato chip scarf. The pattern calls for me to knit 1 whole row in the front and back of the stitch. I watched the video on this site and go that, but what do I do in the next row? I could have bet that I watched a video on this site showing what to do but I cant find it!! The next row is a knit only do I just go in the 1st stitch of the kbf?

Thanks!!!!!
kwynf is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Hi and welcome to KH!

The kf&b is an increase so on the next row you will knit both the regular st but also the stitch you created by knitting through the back loop

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
MGM
Turning the Heel

What a great looking scarf pattern you are making! I found it free on Knit Picks.

The pattern is a simple one where you double the number of stitches on your needle by knitting into the front and back of each stitch on one row, then you knit even for the next couple rows, then you double your stitches again, then knit even again and so forth.

The row after you have doubled your stitches is all knit, where you knit into each stitch on your needle. So if you start by casting on 200 stitches, the first time you work the increase row, you will end up with 400 stitches on your needle. On the next couple knit rows, you will knit each of those 400 stitches. Then you work another increase row which will give you 800 stitches. Knit each of those 800 even for the next few rows. Then increase again for 1600 stitches! This is what gives the nice ruffle effect to the scarf.

Have fun with this pattern! Please share a picture when you are finished. I would love to see how it turns out!

MGM
I'm also HookedOnNeedles on Flickr!
And you can find me on Facebook too!
MGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
kwynf
Casting On

Thank You!!!!!
kwynf is offline   Reply With Quote