Old 01-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
mtfbwy72
Casting On

Kitchener Stitch ?
I'm ready to finish my first project ever, a diaper soaker but I have 25 stitches on my holder and more than that on my needles. Can I still join them and how. If I decrease the stitches on my needles down to 25 then my thighs will be way too big. I'm quite confused. HELP please!
mtfbwy72 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-29-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
What does your pattern tell you to do? Do you have the numbers the pattern says you will at that point or is there something that has caused a change? Where is the join falling?

This statement of yours confuses me:
Quote:
If I decrease the stitches on my needles down to 25 then my thighs will be way too big.
I'm, of course, not picturing what you are doing properly I'm sure, but wouldn't any decreases be making something smaller, not bigger?

Did you work these from the waist down or the leg up? Where did the last knitting you did end, and where are the held stitches?

That is a lot of questions and you may not want to answer them all, but pick the ones that you think would help the most. :-)
Old 01-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
mtfbwy72
Casting On

Unfortunately, the pattern is not specific about this... My thighs holes would be bigger even though I'm decreasing the stitches because it's the rows (not stitches) that are adding length and increasing my thigh/leg holes.

I'm knitting a diaper cover (from the waist down) so it's like underwear and the back is coming around to join in the front at the crotch creating leg/thigh holes.

I think I might have found another post that answers my question. I might be able to pick up more than one stitch on the side with more while I am joining.
mtfbwy72 is offline   Reply With Quote