Old 02-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
tokmom
Turning the Heel

Artlady A Cat Bordhi question
Thank you once again for the link to those video's. I have mastered the different steps after a few (million) tries.

I thought I had it figured out and was patting myself on the back, when I realized that my stockinette stitch had turned to garter. It wasn't inside out, and I had no idea why that happened. Actually, I should say started out garter, turned to stockinette and back to garter again? Am I not slipping the yarn the correct way? I get confused unless I really concentrate.

Any help would be appreciated.

future plans: Afghan, baby blanket and a cabled...something ;hats and mittens to follow for kids.

Tokmom on Raverly
tokmom is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Are you doing a mobius? It's the same as knitting in the round - knit every row for stockinette, but since the work is twisted, half of the stockinette shows the purl side out. Is that what you mean by garter - the purls are showing?

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
tokmom
Turning the Heel

No, it's suppose to be only stockinette on one side and garter inside, juust like knitting in the round is. Cat makes a point on how it should look.
For what it is worth, I knit in the round on a pr of circs all the time and never had this problem. Of course this is 2 pr and sliding yarn.

future plans: Afghan, baby blanket and a cabled...something ;hats and mittens to follow for kids.

Tokmom on Raverly
Old 02-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Oh, you're knitting socks, not a mobius. Garter, btw, is alternating rows or rounds of knit and purl. If you're seeing purls, that's the back of stockinette, called reverse stockinette. The only thing I can think of is that you picked up the knitting and started knitting the other direction, which would put the purl sts on the outside.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
tokmom
Turning the Heel

That is what I was thinking. I am looking for a way to do small circular knitting without using dpn's. Artlady steered me to the Cat Bordhi videos. It's a lot like magic loop. I'm messing the sliding of the yarn or something. I don't know. That is the frustrating part! I will frog my swatch and keep trying.
My dd wants this beret that starts at the top and I can't start that darn beret until I learn how to increase from a small amount of stitches.
I look at the video and understand it. I go to do the knitting and something goes wrong, lol.

Tokmom on Raverly